• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Publisher question

Dave66

kickbox
I'm trying to nail down a date on a book published sometime in the early 20th century. It was published by 'The Superior Printing Company' of Akron, Ohio, and is part of their 'Superior Library' series. The book is in Art Deco boards, giving an approximate date, but does anyone know when that publisher was active?

Came up empty in my searches. You can find several books they published for sale, the earliest one I saw was published in 1900, but the span of time that publisher was active . . . . that is my question.

Dave

Here's a silly question: have you contacted a library in Akron? They should have city directories going back to the 1900's. I don't know how willing they would be to look up the information but it never hurts to ask.

Here's a silly question: have you contacted a library in Akron? They should have city directories going back to the 1900's. I don't know how willing they would be to look up the information but it never hurts to ask.

No such thing as a silly question. Thanks for the help; I'll be contacting libraries there presently.

Dave

Back