• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Publishing and Publicity

AliveToday

Alright, I recently self-published a book and have a pretty interesting website which hopefully will be building off of, and not limeted to, promoting the book and other projects.

does anyone have any ideas as to how to attract people to the website via the internet without releasing SPAM?

Paid advertising in traditional formats &/or positive word of mouth. Probably not what you wanted to hear but....

ions said:
Paid advertising in traditional formats &/or positive word of mouth. Probably not what you wanted to hear but....

I've got to agree. I get really agrivated when I see SPAM postings on forums I frequent. I'm much less likely to make the purchase than if I had found out about it in a legit way.

OH. You may also want to set something up like a book signing and give away bookmarks with the web address on it. Or, even see if your local (non-chains are ususally more willing) bookstore will allow you to post a display with bookmarks or something. I know mine allows local authors to do so.

AliveToday said:
Alright, I recently self-published a book and have a pretty interesting website which hopefully will be building off of, and not limeted to, promoting the book and other projects.

does anyone have any ideas as to how to attract people to the website via the internet without releasing SPAM?

pm (private message) Darren Lewis (the main dude here at TBF) and set up a contest for members to be able to win a free copy of your book. You can supply a link to your website, and your book will get advertised on the TBF homepage for one month. Some lucky person will win a free copy of your book and people here will visit your website to see what your book is about.

Also, put your website link in your signature, and a link in your profile. Currently you have neither of these, so if I want to see your website I have no way of knowing the address.

Find other authors of similar type books, and trade website links. You advertise theirs, if they advertise yours type thing.

Back