• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bountyhunter

I'm not sure if many of your remember me or not but I used to post here pretty often.

Anyway, to my surprise, I saw that the Currently Reading and the I Just Finished Reading threads were closed. This disappoints me.

I know we have a Currently Reading option in our User Control Panel but still-- can we discuss it there? No.

Maybe the Currently Reading thread wasn't that great. But the "I Just Finished Reading" thread? Come on... that was like a review for the book that you have just read.

If let's say I want to discuss "Intensity" by Dean Koontz, a book I just finished reading. Would I make a new thread? I know that wouldn't make too much sense because then the server would be flooded with threads like these.

Help me out here... where do I go if I want to discuss a certain book? Thanks.

Bountyhunter said:
If let's say I want to discuss "Intensity" by Dean Koontz, a book I just finished reading. Would I make a new thread?

Help me out here... where do I go if I want to discuss a certain book? Thanks.
You can do a search for the particular book, to see if it has been discussed before and if not then you could start up a new thread.

I know that wouldn't make too much sense because then the server would be flooded with threads like these.
It is a book forum ;) The whole idea is to read, review and discuss books. We actually encourage people to start new threads on books they have read to help generate discussion.

If you like you can read the discussion regarding the closing of the the threads in the link given below:

Currently Reading/I Just Finished Reading - WHY???

It was put to a public vote and members were given ample time to decide on what they wanted. The results were conclusive and the majority of members wanted the threads closed.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back