• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Quick-startle Dreams

sirmyk

You ever have that kind of dream--usually only a few seconds long--where you are laying by a cliffside and suddenly roll off, or you are walking along and whoopsy, you fall? And then you are instantly startled awake with that nightmarish shake?

I've heard that everyone does this... but differently.

Describe your quick-startle dream.

I always trip and fall. In my dream I'm running somewhere or turning a tight corner and not paying attention to where my feet are and I fall, and then I wake up. Unfortunately this dream is frighteningly close to reality... I'm such a klutz. :rolleyes:

ive had a bunch of dreams like this, dreams were your falling into a hole, pit or whatever, getting struck by lightning, and a lot of the ones i have are were im running or driving some were in a hurry but no matter how fast i run or how hard i slam the accelerater i still go extreemly slow. i also find myself waking up abruptly swinging my fist as if hitting something

yeah mine are never the same, i fall off the bed, go to sit and there is no chair, slip. i am clumsy in my dreams.

I actually had one of those last night. I was protesting about something and I turned around and someone punched me in the stomach. What was weird was that the noise I /actually/ made when I was punched in my dream was what woke me up :eek:

MonkeyCatcher

i can never remember, i just know that they scare the living shit outta me and i wake up saying, what the ****!?

On a slightly lighter note (or not) my mom once told me about a dream she had where she was being forced to eat something. It got to the point where (in the dream) she could stuff no more in and started to gag. She woke up gasping for air only to find she'd a mouthful of bed linen :eek: I once had a dream where there was a huge spider on my pillow. I jumped out of bed and commenced to swipe at the pillow - my husband thought I was having a crazed wife on the rampage episode :eek:

Back