• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Quiz => Which literature classic are you?

Nighthawk... Better late than never...
Tolkien... of course that's me. :rolleyes: ... Imagnative, etc., etc., Although, Yawn! I was half-asleep late night last night busy creating that whole new worlds... Don't the sparks just wear you out!

What, nobody else got Shakespeare: Sonnets? I think I'm in the wrong place <mumbles as she shuffles off > :(

Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose. You are a mystery novel dealing with theology, especially with catholic vs liberal issues. You search wisdom and knowledge endlessly, feeling that learning is essential in life.

I got Umberto Eco too, though I didnt understand what the heck the quiz was rambling on about half the time, so I doubt it fits me particularly :)

"Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose. You are a mystery novel dealing with theology, especially with catholic vs liberal issues. You search wisdom and knowledge endlessly, feeling that learning is essential in life."

Phil

fluffy bunny said:
I'm sure I took a similar test a year or 2 ago and ended up with one of Marquez's books though.

Ah here we are - the proper thing:

http://bluepyramid.org/ia/bquiz.htm

(comes out with more varied anwsers)

As for my score in umm test 2:

You're Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
by Lewis Carroll

abluepyramid.org_ia_aaiwlc.jpg

After stumbling down the wrong turn in life, you've had your mind opened to a number of strange and curious things. As life grows curiouser and curiouser, you have to ask yourself what's real and what's the picture of illusion. Little is coming to your aid in discerning fantasy from fact, but the line between them is so blurry that it's starting not to matter. Be careful around rabbit holes and those who smile to much, and just avoid hat shops altogether.

That's fun! :D

You're Siddhartha!
by Hermann Hesse
You simply don't know what to believe, but you're willing to try anything once. Western values, Eastern values, hedonism and minimalism, you've spent some time in every camp. But you still don't have any idea what camp you belong in. This makes you an individualist of the highest order, but also really lonely. It's time to chill out under a tree. And realize that at least you believe in ferries.

:eek: That happened very quickly. I am James Joyce, Ulysses!

Most people are convinced that you don't make any sense, but compared to what else you could say, what you're saying now makes tons of sense. What people do understand about you is your vulgarity, which has convinced people that you are at once brilliant and repugnant. Meanwhile you are content to wander around aimlessly, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. What you see is vast, almost limitless, and brings you additional fame. When no one is looking, you dream of being a Greek folk hero.

I don't often wander aimlessly, and I'd rather be a norse heroine. . .

Oh and on the original quiz I was Umberto Eco.

It took me a dozen tries to get through (busy place today!) I got a different turn.

Charles Baudelaire: The Flowers of Evil. You are one of the most loved and hated poetic works. Death and decadence are important themes for you, but none should overlook your impressive aesthetics, either. Deep down youre not evil at all, you just like to play the tough guy on the block

I might have to read this! Sounds just like me (except that I AM the tough guy on the block... :D )

Oh, and I went to the Bluepyramid site afterward. I'm Siddhartha, too!

I got these results
quizilla:
Umberto Eco: The Name of the Rose.

bluepyramid:
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
by C.S. Lewis

2nd Quiz:

You're Adventures of Huckleberry Finn!
by Mark Twain
With an affinity for floating down the river, you see things in black and white. The world is strange and new to you and the more you learn about it, the less it makes sense. You probably speak with an accent and others have a hard time understanding you and an even harder time taking you seriously. Nevertheless, your adventurous spirit is admirable. You really like straw hats.

Which I like much better. :)

2nd Quiz

You're The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
by C.S. Lewis
You were just looking for some decent clothes when everything changed quite dramatically. For the better or for the worse, it is still hard to tell. Now it seems like winter will never end and you feel cursed. Soon there will be an epic struggle between two forces in your life and you are very concerned about a betrayal that could turn the balance. If this makes it sound like you're re-enacting Christian theological events, that may or may not be coincidence. When in doubt, put your trust in zoo animals.

2nd quiz

You're To Kill a Mockingbird!
by Harper Lee
Perceived as a revolutionary and groundbreaking person, you have changed the minds of many people. While questioning the authority around you, you've also taken a significant amount of flack. But you've had the admirable guts to persevere. There's a weird guy in the neighborhood using dubious means to protect you, but you're pretty sure it's worth it in the end. In the end, it remains unclear to you whether finches and mockingbirds get along in real life.

Wah-hoo! I am my favourite book: The Lord of the Rings. I didn't like the last question about Spirituality though. I wasn't really happy ticking any of the boxes on that question, but I had to, so I went for 'Beautiful myths and songs play a great role in my spirituality, and many think its strange, but deep down it isnt that different from others.' I think the guys at Quizilla link Spirituality to Religion too much (more than is healthy), and I just don't think that's the case. I think I'm a pretty spiritual guy, but I'm very unreligious. I was expecting to be ticking a whole load of boxes on that question, but is wasn't to be.

I think I'll try my luck at that other one now. Hopefully I'll get the same result!

I got The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner.

Strong-willed but deeply confused, you are trying to come to grips with a major crisis in your life. You can see many different perspectives on the issue, but you're mostly overwhelmed with despair at what you've lost. People often have a hard time understanding you, but they have some vague sense that you must be brilliant anyway. Ultimately, you signify nothing.

Damn, I could see The Lord of the Rings slipping away as I was answering the questions: 'Do you travel a lot? No, but only because I can't afford to.' It doesn't really describe me at all either. I'm not strong-willed in the slightest, and I'm not trying to come to grips with a major crisis in my life. I'm not overwhelmed with despair at anything, but I agree, I signify nothing. I'm happier with the Quizilla one.

Back