• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

R.A. Salvatore

Yep not much more than a fun read. His orginal Icewind Dale trilogy and Dark elf treilogy are IMO his best efforts. There's no doubt Slavatore is very good at describing both battle sequences and one-on-one fight scenes but his charaters are fairly predictable and there's certainly nothing too inspiring about the storyline.

I've never read the Drizzt books before, but I've just started Homeland in the Dark Elf Trilogy. I borrowed the book a long time ago, but I'm getting around to it now. Not very far, but I do like it a bit.

I have not read them, due to some recommendations against I have heard, but given all the positive I've heard here, I think I ought to hunt one down.

Over the past few weeks I have been slowly getting all the collector edition omnibuses of the Drizzt books through various sites. I had been contemplating this for a couple of years now and finally took the plunge. They don't seem as "meaty" as I like my fantasy, but they still seem very entertaining.

After finishing the Dark Elf trilogy, I would say that Soujorn is the best of the three books. I've come to the conclusion that stories are better in the surface world as opposed to the Underdark. I currently have the Icewind Dale trilogy, but I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to read it right now anymore so I might just return it for another day.

Back