• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Raising the Dead

Ganondor

I am doing a research project for my scientifiction class on the subject of raising the dead. I was wondering if I could get a list of books on the subject, preferably SF.

Hi Ganondor,

I think there are probably a lot more movies out there about the living dead than books. Two movies I mentioned in another thread are 28 Days Later and Shaun of the Dead, two great takes on the genre. I don't know why you couldn't use movies as a reference, they can be cited in papers like books. You can type "living dead" into Amazon and it will bring up a small list of books, but I'd like to point out a book which looks like a hilarious and refreshing take on the subject: The Zombie Survival Guide, by Max Brooks. Zombie would also be a good term to search under in Amazon.

There's a book called Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton about a woman who's an animator, meaning she raises the dead for a living. Most of the plot is driven by vampires, though, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Actually, in the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton, Anita is a necromancer. She raises zombies for a living, and later she finds out she can raise vampires as well. They're a good read.

I've just finished 'Recalled to Life' by Robert Silverberg. It's about scientists who have devised a way to bring recently dead people back to life, and the reactions they get from politics, religion and general populace.

Back