• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Raistlin; Pure Evil?

Fistandantilus

p_raistlin3.jpg

For Those of us who have read Dragonlance, do you think Raistlin is plain evil, or just ambitious, is there "a spark of good" in the mage turned bad? (well...worse):D

Its been a while since i've read the series but to the best of my memory, Raistlin was basically evil. Thats what I remember of the character and he was my personal favorite. How many of the books have you read already? I got through 11 before I moved on, and thinking back I might start over on them soon.

Read these books years ago in my youth, and from memory I would say he was more neutral than evil. However definitely on the evil side on neutral.

Raist was always out for number one, he would forsake others to increase his power but he would not, e.g. kill a member of his group through action, he might let them die through in-action though

I have read 9 of the books; Tales, Legends and Chronicles trilogies. Raist is also my Favorite character. carlos,
in the last book of the chronicles series, raistlin turns from his neutral red robes to evil black, in case you havent read it or dont remember

Possible Spoiler

he went to the tower of high sorcery in wayreth, which had been cursed so nobody but the master of past and present came and entered it breaking the curse, becoming the master of the tower and so ends the Draonlance Chronicles. In the next trilogy, Raistlin has plans to challenge the queen of darkness with the help of a cleric of paladine Lady Crysiana.

Back