• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Facts Thread

"he's only mostly dead"

...which means he's still partially alive. :D

If you breathe in the air that comes out of an aerosol can before the substance comes out, it can give a high...for like three seconds. :p

Back to eyes...I wore a new pair of contacts to school for the first time today, and like ten people said that they didn't know I had blue eyes. What were they? Purple? :confused:

If you breathe in the air that comes out of an aerosol can before the substance comes out, it can give a high...for like three seconds.

But we all know that chroming is naughty and you shouldn't do it.

In Florida, It is illegal to sing in a public place while attired in a swimsuit.

Anyone from Florida? Is this true?

David Bowie has a condition called heterochromatia, in which he has two different colored eyes. When he was younger, a head injury caused one eye to change from blue to brown, and he has some visual problems in that eye.

He was punched in the face during a fight at school which caused one of his pupils to be permanently dilated.

I can imagine some person somewhere, aware of this fact, sitting on the bedside of a dying patriach. After forcing out the air of the dead man, he goes, "He said 'I'll give you everything I own!'" when in fact the dead man actually said "Piss off and leave me alone!"

ds

:D :D :D

In the average lifetime, a person will walk the equivalent of 5 times around the equator.

By the way, What does Charlie Brown's father do for a living?
He is a barber

One more: The Baby Ruth candy bar was actually named after Grover Cleveland's baby daughter, Ruth.

Both Texas and California (separately) have a higher population than Australia.

Rhode Island (the smallest state) has a higher population than Alaska (the largest).

Washington D.C. has a higher population than the entire state of Wyoming.

A cow can walk up stairs but it can't walk back down.

It's impossible to lick your elbow.

I'm not sure if this one is true, but I heard that in one of the states it is illegal to put your ice cream cone in your pocket.

This might just be ignorance on my part, but I recently learned that Hebrew and Yiddish are 2 completely different languages. I had always assumed they were the same, or at least similar in the way that American and British English are, but they are in fact quite different. Yiddish is descended primarily from German and is considered a Germanic language, while Hebrew is descended from Aramaic and is considered an Afro/Asian language.

Interesting, eh? And completely useless knowledge...

It's impossible to lick your elbow.

Truth aside, can anyone honestly say they didn't try this as soon as they read it, even if you have read this statement many times before and also tried it many times before?

Wow, there's some interesting stuff, here!

I've heard that Isaac Asimov is the only author to have written a book in every Dewey-decimal category.
Well, I can't vouch for his being the only one, but that's got to be unusual, anyway:)

Truth aside, can anyone honestly say they didn't try this as soon as they read it, even if you have read this statement many times before and also tried it many times before?

Haha.... I didn't, but that's only because I spent approximately 5 months of my youth attempting this feat, until I finally satisfied myself once and for all that I couldn't do it.

Nice bump, I'd nearly forgotten.

2%-3% of women may be born with a condition called tetrachromacy, which allows them to see a 4th color and are able to see 100 million different hues, compared to the normal 1 million.

That's awesome. I can't be bothered trawling for one today.

...There were no major restrictions on what I taught. We could use British textbooks, but I could not discuss religion or politics...

Hahaha - that's a laugh. "Good morning class, today we will be studying 'The Gulag Archipelago' "

Or Cancer Ward
Or One Day in the Life...
Or 1984

Back