• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Question..Keep posting

I loved horse books when I was a kid, and I still have the entire Black Stallion series, but I would have to say my absolute favorite is still a little known book called The Ghost of Dibble Hollow by May Nickerson Wallace. I read it again a couple of years ago and still liked it.

Do you still have any of your childhood books?

Yes, I have a very old tall tea mug with a lid in a Chinese style with a flowering branch and some birds. It belonged to my mother, so it must be at least 40 years old.

Same.

i rotate a lot, but i do so love the Christmas/winter mugs. I've a mug with a '68 Fury on it that i never drink out of. :)

weather nice today?

not sure. off white, maybe egg white or something. in between white and tan somewhere. that may be the technical name for it. :D

curtains or blinds?

Blinds in the bedrooms, but nothing anywhere else. Our house is passive solar, plus we have really nice views.

Any plans for the weekend?

going metal detecting today and tomorrow i've band practice. sunday i'm hoping to get onto the roof and perform maintenance on the swamp since it's beginning to get warm. weee! i'm a party animal.

you?

I've never been metal detecting, that sounds fun though. I am hoping it will be dry enough by Sunday to plant my potatoes, and maybe paint the hall bathroom tomorrow. We'll see how lazy I feel :)

Geekiest hobby you have?

definitely chess; i've been an addict for over ten years now. at one point, i even had a full time chess job that paid pretty darned well.

same.

Back