• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Random Trivia

Oyabun

O.K. here’s how this thread should work:

If you know the answer, post it! Underneath the answer, post a new trivia question. It doesn’t matter what it is about (nothing too specific that no one has a chance) just make sure to post the category, then the question.

E.G.

Sports- who won this year’s super bowl?

If someone posted the wrong answer then instead of answering their question answer the original question (be sure to type something like “correction.”) Then post your question.

Have Fun! Don’t cheat either ; )

First question:

History- In World War Two, What was the name of Hitler’s plan to invade Great Brittan?

Oyabun said:
History- In World War Two, What was the name of Hitler’s plan to invade Great Brittan?
Operation Sea Lion. That was a question on the TV trivia this morning :D

Literature: Who penned: "Neither a borrower nor lender be"? (Can't think of a hard one)

Literature: Who penned: "Neither a borrower nor lender be"? (Can't think of a hard one)

Shakespeare?

Literature: name the Seven Dwarfs.

Miss Shelf said:
Literature: name the Seven Dwarfs.
Literature? Do you mean the Disney tie-in book or the film script? Because the dwarfs did not have any name in the original fairy tale.

Anatomy- How Many bones does the human body have?

Science: what's the planet farthest from the sun?

theoretically it should be pluto, but i think there is a great debate whether it is really a planet or not.

question: who is the american psychiatrist who gave the first rigurous description of a mental disorder in children, autism?

aniela said:
theoretically it should be pluto, but i think there is a great debate whether it is really a planet or not.

question: who is the american psychiatrist who gave the first rigurous description of a mental disorder in children, autism?

I thought all the pioneering work on Autism was done by Austrians? (a friends child has Asperger's Syndrome and Asperger definately was Austrian)

Edit: Did some digging round and I think you're referring too Leo Kanner who was born, raised and educated in Austria and didn't move to America till he was 30.

Anyway: What was Cai Lun's most famous invention?

Paper!
(googled it, of course! Found an interesting article from wikipedia.)

world history:
What was the name of the first prime minister of the newly independent India in 1947, including his fabulous first name?

Zero!

History- When Carthage was sacked for the final time by the Romans, what did they Sew into the soil?

That was Henry the Eighth. When my 'cello teacher asked which song I wanted to learn, that was the first one. Way back when.

music:
The very best Elvis song, bar none, I Can't Help Falling in Love with You, was sweetly covered by a well-known folk singer a few years ago. Who was it?

OK, apparently folk singers are personae non gratae, so I have another one.

religion:
What city in India is known as the birthplace of Bhuddism?

Bodh Gaya, Inda

Thats were that tree was. :D

Science: can you name the most recent popular “unified theory of everything?”

Hint: it has two names.

"the morse code" is an anagram of "here come dots" :D
"mother in law" is an anagram of "woman Hitler" :D
"cicumstantial evidence" anagram of "can ruin a selected victim" :D :D
"streaming" - "emigrants"

The highest ever scrabble score was 3881 which included the word 'psychoanalyzing' worth 1539 points!!! :eek: :eek: :D

Back