• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rate the new Potter book here

K-Dawn said:
5 stars!

Best to worst:

6, 3, 5, 4, 1, 2.

I agree! POA seems to be everyones 2nd, I guess everyone needs a break from the Voldermort-is-out-to-get-me plot every now and then/

Halo said:
HBP is the worst - I found it mostly quite tedious. I would give it 3 out of 5.

I thought that all the stuff you would probably consider to be tedious, like all the background, to be the most interesting.

I liked the sixth one a lot. Explains a lot about Riddle, keeps you glued to the pages to find out who the hell the Half-Blood Prince really is, and well the last chapter was just so sad, I like it very much.

If I had to rate the HP books for best to least favorite, it would go like this.

6, 4, 5, 3, 2, 1

HBP was great but for me OotP was better.

rating best to worst:
5, 3, 4, 6, 1, 2

Didn't care too much about Riddle even though there were some ANSWERS information there. I could understand now why she decided to cut it out of the second book.

And other things about 6 bothered me. won't say it here -- major spoilers.

But all in all I LOVE the whole series. Love, that I feel bad about putting 1 + 2 last even though someone has to be last right? hehe ;)

Crimson Eliot said:
keeps you glued to the pages to find out who the hell the Half-Blood Prince really is,
I actually wasn't that interested in who the HBP was.. when they revealed it I was just like, "Oh yup, makes sense" and then forgot about it. There wasn't really much anticipation created towards the identity of the HBP.

~MonkeyCatcher~

Prior to reading HBP i guessed the either Snape, Hagrid or Dumbledore would be the character that was killed.

I didn't really think about who the HBP might be as the plot was not about discovering the HBP's identity.

I think it is the best of the series, it certainly kept me hooked as i read it in a day.

rating best > worst

I also think that number three waas the best, I found HBP dissapointing as it had a rushed feel to it, especially the ending.

Fistandantilus said:
I also think that number three waas the best, I found HBP dissapointing as it had a rushed feel to it, especially the ending.
I can't tell if it really was the book that felt rushed or me--the events just pile up so quickly! I thought she pared down on details that sometimes dragged in other books, particularly in 5 and 3 ... And you have to rate the first book at the top or why bother reading the rest?

My rating would go 1, 4, 6, 5, 3, 2 but being last on this list is no dishonor!

3, 6, 4, 5, 1, 2.
I didn't feel like 6 was rushed, just that the story was becoming more streamlined as it heads to the climax. That said, I'm hoping for OOTP type length for 7!

Trying to rate Harry Potter books against one another is like trying to rate the best of 6 brand new five dollar gold coins.

Chamber of Secrets

Whats everybodies deal with the Chamber of Secrets. I thought it was one of the best. Everybody else says it is their last. My ratings Best to Worst are:

5,3,2,6,4,1 (I did enjoy number 1 though)

Robert said:
Trying to rate Harry Potter books against one another is like trying to rate the best of 6 brand new five dollar gold coins.
Thats an opinion ive never heard before but i totally agree. im sick of all this comparison would u dare compare the three books of LOTR no im certain u would not this is the same u should consider HP to be one story with diferent parts not as 6 different pieces of work they are all one complete masterpiece.

Back