1. Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ray Bradbury

Discussion in 'Author Discussion' started by liv, Dec 11, 2008.

1. D.L. Severn

D.L. Severn Member

Was this really necessary? You don't like King, ok, that's fine but why bring him up in a discussion about Ray Bradbury?Are you purposefully trying to get King fans riled up? Being a King fan myself, it pisses me off when people, for no reason at all, try to slam King. I love Bradbury and respect what he did but to say that King is less original than him is absolutely ludicrous. Does King look up to Bradbury and been influenced by him, yes, that doesn't make him less of a writer, it just means he has good taste.

2. eclair

eclair Member

^ That post was four years ago. I don't think the poster is around to answer your question. Maybe her dislike for King was such that she had to announce it in every conversation. She's probably out there somewhere, disparaging King, right now.

3. D.L. Severn

D.L. Severn Member

I realize that, it just irks me when people bash any writer for no reason. I get that everyone has different tastes, but is it necessary to be hateful about it.

4. eclair

eclair Member

Passion runs both ways. Agreed on the no need to be hateful bit.

5. Robert

Robert Active Member

Currently Reading:
    The Odyssey by Homer
    I always looked for one more from the great Ray Bradbury; until the day he died. I miss him.