• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ray Bradbury

SpilledInk

Which one of Ray's short stories is your personal favorite?
I personally found The Exiles to be the most intriguing.

I read one in an ooooold copy of Weird Tales that really freaked me out. Something about the dead waking up and pounding inside their coffins.

Ray has some *excellent* interviews on YouTube; I highly recommend listening to what he has to say, especially if you are an aspiring writer.

Ray Bradbury resisted the title of science fiction writer though most folks would probably categorize hime in that area. Wiki says, " He often said he was a fantasy writer, not a science fiction writer, and numerous times is quoted stating "The only science fiction I've written is Fahrenheit 451", elucidating "science fiction is the art of the possible."

He had an incredible imagination and foresaw many of today's technologies. Wiki further says, " The Washington Post hallmarked several modern day technologies that Bradbury had envisioned much earlier in his writing, such as the idea of banking ATMs and earbuds and Bluetooth headsets from Fahrenheit 451, and the concepts of artificial intelligence within I Sing the Body Electric"

His body of writing is huge as he started writing at the age of 13 and wrote daily until his death in 2012 at 92. I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite short story but I loved his novel "The Illustrated Man"

Back