• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Ray

RitalinKid

I saw Ray last night. For me, it exceeded the expectations set by the hype. Anyone else see it or have anything to say about it?

I've known Jamie Foxx was incredibly talented, and he was very impressive. The movie showed how the different facets of Ray's life, music, women, family, and drugs, were intertwined. I grew up with music from that era and enjoyed seeing how musicians worked then.

I enjoyed this movie a lot.. I cried at the end. Fabulous music, fantastic story, and exceptional acting on the part of Jamie Foxx, he really deserved that oscar.

Great

I think it's a great movie, great music, acting, directing, everything. I kept my fingers crossed for Jamie Foxx at the Oscars. I know he trained with Ray Charles himself who taught him his moves, his style of playing the piano.
Of course it was playback in the film, but Jamie played the piano though.And I don't agree with those who say that it's just a biographical film in the pure American Hollywood style.So what if it is?
It 's a very good one.

The scene where the preacher says that Ray Charles is going to hell for using "God's music" took me back to a different era. My mom had told me about when preachers had told her to burn her Beatles albums. She said she had scene many Beatles albums go up in flames, but somehow, hers made it through. So, I had always heard about that kind of fundamentalism, but seeing it played out was a little bit of a shock.

Back