• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading Children's Books

How about A Wrinkle in Time? or Yonnie Wondernose by Marguerite DeAngeli.. Who can resist a story about a boy whose curiosity always gets him in trouble, until the day it helps him save the day? I also love Marguerite Henry's Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin. You share a house with cats; this one will make you smile. One book I read repeatedly between the fourth and seventh grades was Indian Captive by Lois Lenski..and don't overlook Scott O'Dell and Island of the Blue Dolphin or Sing Down the Moon. A more modern bit of fun is Savvy and its sequel, Scumble, by Ingrid Law. Chasing Vermeer by Blue Balliett is a good one too. Be sure to investigate Eva Ibbotson; she's one of my new favorites.

I forgot about a Wrinkle in Time, I was remembering the The Giver, I can't remember who it is by but everyone is town assigned certain jobs and this boy Jonas is now assigned with being The Receiver where is is responsible for keeping everyone's memories good or bad. Man I think I'm going to see if my mom still has these two books I might be re-reading them :D

I read a lot of young adult books and a fair number of what would be considered middle grade. I like them because they're quick reads.

Back