• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading in the Bathtub

i'm the category: lying for hours in the tap, a million bubbles, candlelight and a great book! and when i finally get out of the tap, i have skin between my toes and my hair is still dry. ah and incense! how could i forget the incense?
how about you??

I can't imagine reading in the bath tub. For one thing, nothing is less pleasant than a tubful of luke warm water. But, beyond that, there is the ever present danger of getting one's book wet. I would no more read in the tub than I would blow dry my hair. If I drop the drier in the tub, I'm dead - if I drop my book in the tub, it's dead.

funes said:
I can't imagine reading in the bath tub. For one thing, nothing is less pleasant than a tubful of luke warm water. But, beyond that, there is the ever present danger of getting one's book wet. I would no more read in the tub than I would blow dry my hair. If I drop the drier in the tub, I'm dead - if I drop my book in the tub, it's dead.

I'm with you on that, funes. My precious...

you can go on the street and a car hits you, you dead, but because of that you don't hide inside your house, because to go out is much more fun than worrying about what could be, so lying in the tub is much more fun than worrying about, that the book might die and guys you miss something, you should just try it, don't judge something what you never tried!! :D

honeydevil said:
you can go on the street and a car hits you, you dead, but because of that you don't hide inside your house, because to go out is much more fun than worrying about what could be, so lying in the tub is much more fun than worrying about, that the book might die and guys you miss something, you should just try it, don't judge something what you never tried!! :D

Not to judge, honeydevil. Our opinions part perhaps because I am a neat freak. If a book of mine wound up in the water, I'd throw a little fit. If you saw my room, you would understand :)

Crossing the street is one thing - crossing an interstate blindfolded is quite another. Besides, I'm not much of a bath person, anyway. I much prefer a steaming hot shower. The last time I took a bath was after I fell off my sister's roof, and needed to soak out soreness.

themanwtheplan said:
Not to judge, honeydevil. Our opinions part perhaps because I am a neat freak. If a book of mine wound up in the water, I'd throw a little fit. If you saw my room, you would understand :)

okay i'm sorry to say, but i'm a mess or in other words a creative mind , but still i get mad at myself if anything happens to my jewels!!
but i've never dropped a book in the tub, but i also stand with the hairdryer directly over the tap!! :D

hehe

Yet another case for audiobooks... One CD takes about one hour. That should get a person all nice and clean and wrinkly.

StillILearn said:
Yet another case for audiobooks... One CD takes about one hour. That should get a person all nice and clean and wrinkly.

thank you that there are people out there who think for me!! :D
and people who enjoy to lie in the tab and read or hear a good book!!
bye and take care

The problem is -- I like to soak in a sudsy tub completely immersed to my chin. So where would I put the friggin' book?? Unless they start making waterproof, full-sized novels like those plastic baby books, I won't be reading in a tub anytime soon. :(

Thank goodness I'm not alone!

Unfortunately I have an illness that, among other things, causes pains in my muscles so I have at least two baths a day (I smell fab ;) ) and I always read a book. I couldnt just lie there for an hour at a time - I'd be so bored.

Oh yes, and I've never dropped one yet! :D

Folly xx

I used to read in the bath all the time, but now I'm not allowed too, as I kept dropping them in the bath when I fell asleep :D

Phil

Don't really like soaking in a tub and the only times I've tried reading in the tub, I've gotten the books wet.
Quick shower and then go to the sofa to read.

I'm clumsy as hell, but I've never actually dropped anything in the tub yet. And lukewarm water can be remedied... Just add more hot water. Everytime I get out of the tub I have a lovely lobster complexion.

hay82 said:
Don't really like soaking in a tub and the only times I've tried reading in the tub, I've gotten the books wet.
Quick shower and then go to the sofa to read.
I'm with hay on this one:
Quick shower; change into comfiest, coziest pjs; sofa in front of toasty fireplace; bottle of wine, and a book. Aaaaah! :cool:

I would never read in the bath. I'm with funes on this, I cherish my books and would never get one even slightly wet, much less risk dropping it in a bath of water. I would find that terrible!

love reading in the tub. we just moved though and in our new house the tub doesn't slant, it is almost a 90 degree angle, so despite my best efforts and many cricks in my neck, i have given up. only until we replace the tub!!

I love a good dunk with a bottle of wine - to formulate great thoughts :cool: , not to read them. Furthermore, for one who loves the smell of new books, quite a kick, actually - not a fetish, mind you, they are too precious to risk ruining.

Back