• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading in the Bathtub

Ell said:
I'm with hay on this one:
Quick shower; change into comfiest, coziest pjs; sofa in front of toasty fireplace; bottle of wine, and a book. Aaaaah! :cool:

i get the benefits out of both!! lying in the tab for hours, reading, nice and chilly music in the backround, candles, wine... the full program and then jump out of the tap, put house clothes on, grap my glass of wine and run to the couch to relax!! oh my gosh i love my life :D

I always read in the bath, it's the single most relaxing activity I know. However, expensive editions are never to be read in such an environment (I won't even take my LotR into the bathroom as the increased humidity might damage the pages!), the dangers are too great; I do have a few wrinkly paperbacks as testament to this.

reading in the tub is a luxury for me. it's an activity devoted strictly to relaxation, and it takes a lot of time. i dont worry about getting my book wet because my tub has a built in curved seat that the water can't reach, so i can rest everything on that if i'm interrupted or need to add more hot water.

shiz, i haven't had a reading bath forever. i gotta put that on my list to things to do

Only paperbacks for the tub! Hardbacks are too difficult to manage without getting the pages wet, and I hate to do that to a high-dollar book!

(As for rubber ducks, can't say as I ever owned one. Had one of those cool baking soda subs as a kid, though! And diving frogmen! Really sorry they didn't have the colored soap fingerpaints back then. That would have been FUN!)

Jenem said:
shiz, i haven't had a reading bath forever. i gotta put that on my list to things to do

don't forget the wine and nice smelling towels and what else you need to feel like heaven!!! :D

Jenem said:
reading in the tub is a luxury for me. it's an activity devoted strictly to relaxation, and it takes a lot of time. i dont worry about getting my book wet because my tub has a built in curved seat that the water can't reach, so i can rest everything on that if i'm interrupted or need to add more hot water.

I think its on a list of strange places to read ;)

I don't know about reading while bathing...I'm not much for taking baths anyway. However, being a florida bound girl with eternal sunshine, I do love to take my wonderfully large raft with cup holders and extendable tray out on the pool, cozy myself up on it, and grab a right thick book for a good three hours or so.

I can dangle a leg should the sun get too warm and there's no fear of my poor book taking a sudden plunge.

Yum. I really can't wait for this semester to be over and I can spend my summer working and reading on the pool.

I have done my fair share of reading in the bath in the past, but at the moment I am averse to it.

I have tried it a couple of times recently because I know how much I have enjoyed it in the past, but I always get to the point where I want to give in and soak my whole self in the water, including my hands, and there is no way I'm going to read a book with wet hands.

I have dropped a book in once, but it was a library book so I counted my blessings. I don't like the effect the humidity has on the pages anyway.

In the bath if I read, I now read magazines, cos it doesn't matter if they get wet or not and I can just sling them out at any old angle when I am done reading and wish to submerge myself in the steamy waters. :D

You know I tried this once but was too paranoid that I would drop it in the water, so it didn’t work out too well.

The closest thing I've gotten to reading in the tub is bathing while the book laid on the table beside the tub. But the thought of sitting in a tub filled with warm water with bubbles and candles etc etc is always tempting.

somewhat said:
The closest thing I've gotten to reading in the tub is bathing while the book laid on the table beside the tub. But the thought of sitting in a tub filled with warm water with bubbles and candles etc etc is always tempting.

oh yes!!
i really liked the idea with the audio book, this way you don't just relax you follow the story, while drinking wine, lying in bubbles and closed eyes!!
:D

honeydevil said:
oh yes!!
i really liked the idea with the audio book, this way you don't just relax you follow the story, while drinking wine, lying in bubbles and closed eyes!!
That's a wonderful idea! I'm going to have to try that in the near future.

You audio book listening types are really brave. I mean, those who drop their paperbacks in the tub might be miffed, but if you drop the radio you're really going to to regret it ;)

O alright, so I'm just jealous of you all for having bath tubs. Reading in the shower isn't working out very well at all.
Anyone here read while on an exercise bike? This blasted winter weather has resulted in me having to spend some time on one every day, and I've found no good way of being able to read at the same time, as I don't want to hold a book in one hand and get it all gnarled by sweat. I need to find a clip-on of some sort that can attach a book to the handlebars.

honeydevil said:
oh yes!!
Water and electronics do not mix! :eek:

Back