• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reading in the Bathtub

Øystein said:
You audio book listening types are really brave. I mean, those who drop their paperbacks in the tub might be miffed, but if you drop the radio you're really going to to regret it ;)

O alright, so I'm just jealous of you all for having bath tubs. Reading in the shower isn't working out very well at all.
Anyone here read while on an exercise bike? This blasted winter weather has resulted in me having to spend some time on one every day, and I've found no good way of being able to read at the same time, as I don't want to hold a book in one hand and get it all gnarled by sweat. I need to find a clip-on of some sort that can attach a book to the handlebars.
Me, me, me! I read while on the exercise bike! :D :eek:

I'd be too afraid I'd drop it. Most of what I read are library books and if they got dunked, I'd have to pay to replace it, and what's the sense in paying for a book and not being able to keep it? I could take a paperback, but I'm rarely allowed an uneventful soak, anyway (my house is a zoo ;) )

Øystein said:
Anyone here read while on an exercise bike? ... I need to find a clip-on of some sort that can attach a book to the handlebars.

You should try and invent that yourself and patent it pretty quick, Oystein! (before any unscrupulous people pinch your idea) :) I'm sure it would sell very well, as biking on an exercise bike is so tedious. There again, it's probably already been invented. :(

Øystein said:
Anyone here read while on an exercise bike? This blasted winter weather has resulted in me having to spend some time on one every day, and I've found no good way of being able to read at the same time, as I don't want to hold a book in one hand and get it all gnarled by sweat. I need to find a clip-on of some sort that can attach a book to the handlebars.
Tried. Not only did it hurt my eye-sight, but with an infant son, I found myself spraying gym-infested books with crazy disinfectant before they touched my doorway. It's a no! no! Øystein for me, I'm afraid.

:cool:
Øystein said:
You audio book listening types are really brave. I mean, those who drop their paperbacks in the tub might be miffed, but if you drop the radio you're really going to to regret it ;)

O alright, so I'm just jealous of you all for having bath tubs. Reading in the shower isn't working out very well at all.

i tried that, believe me, and it didn't work out very well!! i sat on the bike and everytime when i came to a good scene in the book, i forgot to exercise!! after a while i just gave it up, but again, how about audio books??
i know i hate them, but they get really practicable!! :D

Back