• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recc' needed: beautiful books

DirtGlitters

I mean books that make you feel good after reading it, like a shower for the soul.. hehe.

Some examples are:
The Kite Runner (although it did contain a lot of heart-wrendingly painful parts)
Holes by Louis Sachar (light entertaining read, happy ending - by which I don't mean cheesy 'they lived happily ever after' types)

hmm that's all I can think of right now.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Strange as it sounds, one of my favorite "feel-good" books is an older Star Trek based novel called "Uhura's Song."

It's truly a shame that they made it a Star Trek. It would have been a classic read in general science fiction.

The Secret Rats of NIMN is another feel-good story (much better than the movie), and you might also try The Thief Lord, a relatively new YA from Cornelia Funke.

I highly recommend David Eddings's fantasy series The Belgariad, starting with Pawn of Prophecy. There's nothing like fantasy for feel-good stories, plus there's this whole host of very entertaining characters in the books.

And, if by some chance you haven't read any Harry Potter, for me that's the ultimate feel-good fix :)

Back