• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recently Purchased/Borrowed

Look Who's Back - Timur Vermes

Adolph Hitler awakens unhurt and un-aged in 2008. People think he is an actor who never breaks character. But he is not. He is Hitler.
Pretty funny so far.....

Arrived in the mail yesterday...

Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
Home by Marilynne Robinson
The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling)
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling

(Bought them all used for $3 each from a seller on eBay. They were all hardcovers, and I am very pleased!)

I recently purchased Peter & Max by Bill Willingham. It will probably be my next read, after I finish the library books I have checked out: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, Wicked by Gregory Maguire, and The Little PAris Bookshop by Nina George.

I recently purchased Peter & Max by Bill Willingham. It will probably be my next read, after I finish the library books I have checked out: The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, Wicked by Gregory Maguire, and The Little PAris Bookshop by Nina George.

The Handmaid's Tale, what's the difference between science fiction and speculative fiction? This was the book that raised the question. Let us know what you think of it.

My most recent book purchase was "The Hopefuls" by Jennifer Close. I'm planning to start reading it tonight, before bed.

Earlier today, I found 3 books that I want to buy for Christmas gifts - even if 1 of the gifts is to myself - isn't that terrible, lol.

Well, since my last post in October, my most recent book purchase was today. I ordered "We Have Always Lived in the Castle" by Shirley Jackson.

I couldn't believe it was available at Walmart's website, so I can have it delivered to my local store. :cool:

Happy reading in 2017!

Yesterday, I purchased Ernest Hemingway's Men Without Women for my Kindle. It's his second collection of short stories and was originally published in 1927. I'm looking forward to getting into it.

Do audiobooks count?
I've recently bought, and listened to, Elton John Me; Audible's "Monster Collection (Jekyll & Hyde, Frankenstein, and Dracula).

Bernadine Evaristo, Girl, Woman, Other

Haven't bought much else recently. :( BUT, and this is a big but, Alex Pheby's Mordew is out in a few months' time and I can't wait.

Back