• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommend 1 COMPLETED fantasy series

ndroo

Hi all its my 1st post :)

I m almost finished reading the 2nd book of Wheel of TIme but I ve realised that the series hasnt been completed yet and it would annoy me to read up to the 10th book and not have an ending. The same thing happened with A Song of Ice and Fire, I ve read the 1st 2 books but I ve stopped so that I ll start reading the series again when all the books (6 of them i think) have been published. I ve decided to do the same with a Wheel of Time so I m stopping after this book.

Now what i d like is some suggestions about a series tahts complete, since I want to buy a whole set of books to read and I want them to have an ending not wait a couple of yrs to find out wot happens next :) . So far from what I ve read on the net, I m interested in the Foundation series, Earthsea (?) and Dark Tower series. Any recommendations? are there any other good ones?? And which ONE series would you recommend i star reading?

i m dying to buy some good books so any help would be appreciated
:)

ndroo said:
Hi all its my 1st post :)
So far from what I ve read on the net, I m interested in the Foundation series, Earthsea (?) and Dark Tower series. Any recommendations? are there any other good ones?? And which ONE series would you recommend i star reading?

i m dying to buy some good books so any help would be appreciated
:)
Hello and welcome to the forum!

The Earthsea series is good. Dark Tower is more horror/fantasy, but also very good.

I loved the Foundation series, but I've heard younger readers say it was too slow-moving. You might like the Robot series better, also by Asimov, but with more action.

Others:
The Ender series by Orson Scott Card
The Hyperion series by Dan Simmons

Trouble with a lot of series these days is that authors don't seem to know when to stop. There never seems to be a last book.

Hmmm,

David Eddings currently has four completed series - the Belgariad, the Mallorean, the Elenium and the Tamuli. Start with either the Belgariad or the Elenium (equally good, IMO).

Tyrants and Kings by John Marco

1 - "The Jackal of Nar"
2 - "The Grand Design"
3 - "The Saints of the Sword"

I also second the Eddings "Belgariad" suggestion by Magemanda :) .

Guy Gavriel Kay - Fionavar Tapestry
1. The Summer Tree
2. The Wandering Fire
3. The Darkest Road

This is the only complete series I can think of that I have read.

Robin Hobb's two Farseer trilogies ... and the Liveship Traders series set in the same world :)

Phil

Mercedes Lackey's Herald-Mage Trilogy (Magic's Pawn, Magic's Promise, Magic's Price)

Tanya Huff's Blood series (Blood Price, Blood Trail, Blood Lines, Blood Pact, Blood Debt)

Cathy C said:
Tanya Huff's Blood series (Blood Price, Blood Trail, Blood Lines, Blood Pact, Blood Debt)

Are you sure she is through with the Blood series? I know there is another out, SMOKE AND SHADOWS, which stars one of the characters from the Blood books. As long as one is still going, then they are all still going (or so I say).

Bond. Paul Bond.

It isn't the same. The new book out focuses very much on Tony as the main character. Henry Fitzroy appears in the book, but I don't believe there is any Vicki or Mike. To me, this is entirely different than the Blood series, since the love triangle in that positively made those books.

Maggie Furey – Shadowleague series 3 books.

James Clemens - Banned & the Banished series 4 books.

More then one series I know but I enjoyed both of them.

Actually 5 books

Electra said:
James Clemens - Banned & the Banished series 4 books.

Wit'ch Fire
Wit'ch Storm
Wit'ch War
Wit'ch Gate
Wit'ch Star

I second this recommendation as well!!!!!

Yes!!!

Zolipara said:
Try C.S. Friedmans Coldfire triology. A good and pretty orginal fantasy series.

Wow, I had forgotten about this series. A great blend of Sci-Fi/Fantasy and a vampiric villain forced into working with the good guys. Good call, Zolipara!

SPEEDY_PARKER said:
You MUST read Dark Tower series. It 's Flawless.

I've read books 1 & 2 so far. Is it true that characters form some of his other novels crossover into this series? Will Pennywise the evil clown have an appearance?

I would add two Ian Irvine series to the list, "Well of Echoes" and "The View From the Mirror".
Also, the Philip Pullman, "His Dark Materials" should be on any list, I found it compelling reading and can't wait to have kids so I can read it to them.
The Guy Gavriel Gay series mentioned earlier is very good, what is even better is the way his other books draw upon elements from that series (in a sort of parallel dimension way - not the best explanation, but a very satisfying plot feature regardless of my inability to describe it).
The Foundation series is what initiated my interest in Sci-fi to begin with and I can't recommend it highly enough, although I would read the Robot series (The Caves of Steel etc) beforehand for maximum enjoyment.

Hope that helps, it certainly makes me want to go back and reread a lot of books.

more....

By Raymond Feist... 3 completed series
the magicians apprentice
the serpentwar saga
mmm can't remember the other series but you'll find it if you look

By Tad Williams 4 books
Otherworld series.... Awesome but very time consuming... and reminiscent of Snow crash if you've read it.

I love L Ron Hubbards Mission Earth Series... 10 books long and full of laughs as well as adventure.

And I probably shouldn't ask but have you read the lord of the rings?

Sell Sword said:
I've read books 1 & 2 so far. Is it true that characters form some of his other novels crossover into this series? Will Pennywise the evil clown have an appearance?

It is true, but I don't think you'll see Pennywise. Father Callahan from Salem's Lot is a major character in the fifth book, and the Crimson King drops in too.

Oponn said:
It is true, but I don't think you'll see Pennywise. Father Callahan from Salem's Lot is a major character in the fifth book, and the Crimson King drops in too.

Is it still enjoyable even if I havnt read much of Steven King and not familiar with many of the characters from other books?

Back