• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommend me some good alien books

mar

kickbox
Hi, does anyone know any good alien series books or just any good alien books.

for example i read a couple good aliens books years ago where this one guy gets abducted and he sees the where the aliens live and sees there plan to take over earth.

Books like that. No kids book, adults books.

thanks!

"The Mote in God's Eye" by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle should fit the bill. "A Fire Upon the Deep" by Vernor Vinge kind of shows you other aliens. Also the Uplift Series (six books) by David Brin.

I'll throw in another vote for Niven's The Mote in God's Eye.

Also check out:

Childhood's End by Arthur C. Clarke
The Killing Star by Charles Pellegrino and George Zebrowski
Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke
The Ender's Game Series by Orson Scott Card

I mostly don't care for sci-fi and stick to fantasy, so aliens aren't my thing, but I did read "The Madness Season" by C.S. Friedman and it was pretty good.

Also, her other books, "Black Sun Rising", "When True Night Falls", and "Crown of Shadows" all take place on an alien world with a strong sci-fi connotation. They don't actually call them aliens, but there are the Rahk, which they call something like "native life forms" or something. It all amounts to the same thing.

Mathius

thanks! im looking up some of these books u guys have reccommed me

as long as they are not like star wars or star trex, i dont like those

C. J. Cherryh is particularly good at developing alien psychology. I'd recommend The Faded Sun trilogy, the Chanur series, and Hunter of Worlds.

Hunter of Worlds has a glossary in the back, by the way. It goes deep enough into alien philosophy that you'll probably want it.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by alien book, but how about C. S. Lewis' Space Trilogy? Or something by Vonnegut? Dick is always a great read as well.

War of the Worlds by H. G. Wells
Any Warhammer 40k book written by Dan Abnett
The Kraken Wakes by Wyndham
Short stories by Lovecraft

Back