• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommendation for Military-/Techno-Thrillers wtd.

Sentinel

While perusing my bookshelves I found out once again, that I am badly in need of some good (and lasting) recommendations concerning the Technothriller/Military thriller genre.

I LIKE (and own)

- All Clancy Novels
- All Larry Bond Novels (is he still writing???)
- The likes of Michael DiMercurio, Dick marcinko, James Cobb

I don't particularly care for

- all the wannabe-Clancys (Net-Force/Op Center/Powerplays)
- Patrick Robinson
- Clive Cussler (don't know why people think he writes technothrillers)

Someone recommended Vince Flynn to a Clancy-Reader. I got one of his but haven't read yet.

So let's go, out with the secret recommendations :)

Jan

Have it (a gift) and will read it, but in General Crichton is on my "need not be read" list. Last decent book out of him was "Rising Sun"

Ahh come on, Timeline was pretty good!! :)

Personally, i would recommend Matthew Reilly, read Temple or Ice Station first as they are the best two that he's written.

Dale Brown is pretty good, and if you like CLancy then you'll probly like his books too - start with the early ones, preferrably Flight of the Old Dog which is fantastic.

Phil :)

Here's one

Check out THE BLOOD WE SHED, by William Christie. A Marine Corps platoon in the war on terrorism. Novel moves like lightning. I burned through it over a weekend--couldn't stop. Fantastic action, and really funny to boot (in the right places). Author is a former Marine, and he's as good as Clancy was in HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER. He's better than Bond at his best. Real deal stuff

read that Vince Flynn book you have on the shelf, make sure it's the first in the series though.

I know this is old, but i wonder why Patrick Robinson wouldn't make the cut? Pretty good style for this vein i should think. Dale Brown is a real good addition to this with the Old Dog crew (specifically McClanahan) in most of his books. Stephen Coonts as well, with Grafton. But DiMercurio and Bart Davis in here would also be good authors to pick from.

Now if i just didn't put this in here waaaaay too late!

Back