• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommendations for my 11 year old little brother.

I liked Robert Newton Peck's Soup series when I was that age. Robert E. Howard stuff is great too, full of carnage and mayhem. Watch out with the Palahniuk novels for a few more years though. I am a big Palahniuk fan but they are not for the juvenile.

Anything by Piers Anthony is great for just about any age.
He's written more than a hundred books and has a lot of series (I'd recommend Xanth for starters).

Clever enough for adults and fantastical enough for children. Piers Anthony is a great author!

I'd also recommend the Chrestomanci books by Diana Wynne Jones. Big fan of her work. The Earthsea books by Ursula K. LeGuin are really good too. I also really liked Terry Brooks' Magic Kingdom for Sale series, but they're a little more adult than the other two. (Nothing explicit really, just the overall tone is for adults rather than young adults.)
Hooray for kids who read!

Recommended Book

Charlie Bone series by Jenny Nimmo

a little like Harry Potter......I've read 2 and no sex,a little slow reading for an adult but might be good for a kid......

Back