• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommendations please

lucyhart

I am looking for a new book to read. If you read any of my previous posts you would know that I have just finished two books by Paullina Simons. Both are an Epic love tale and are also about war, politics, faith and the human spirit. At first I was hesitant to pick up the Bronze Horseman because I thought it might be a soppy love story, but I picked it up and I am so glad I did. I have never read a story that made me feel that emotional before. It really tugged at the heart strings. I was hoping maybe some of you could recommend some novels similar to those two. Novels about love, faith , desperation and even war.

Thanks for your help in advance!!!!! :)

Does it have to be a classic? :D
Captain Corelli's Mandolin has all of your requirements, I believe, if you haven't already read it. I don't know how accurate the internal politics of Greece under invasion in WWII are. The book is much better than the film

Thank you for your help every one. I will definately be checking out some of the books you have recommended. :)

Back