• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Recommendations?

Chantal

Hi! :D

I'm new with comics and the only one I started collecting is Lenore.
I was wondering if anyone knows any good horror comics, involving dolls or puppets? Haha, you know, really weird and freaky stuff like that...
I'm definitely into horror stuff like zombies and vampires, but I'm trying to find something with a freaky doll or even a clown...Any ideas would be great, thanks! :p

Well,
I don't know about scary comics...
But I love Calvin and Hobbes. Calvin has a tiger-toy who becomes a REAL tiger for Calvin when no adults are around.
And they do different stuff.

So here are some of little comics:
19870208.gif

and here:
atm.gif

and this:
19940221.gif

and also this:
19950121.gif

There is more about it here

Its not exactly what you wanted, but there is a "puppet" in it :)

AWESOME! I looked it up and I'm going to buy it, thanks so much! :D
Sock Monkey sounds interesting too lol

Ooh, I loved Lenore when I was in high school. I'd also recommend Johnny the Homicidal Maniac. The author, Jhonen Vasquez, and Roman Dirge who wrote Lenore have worked with each other a lot.

Have you checked out any other works by Roman Dirge?

Hey! Yeah I've checked out Johnny the Homicidal Maniac already, it semi caught my interest lol :p
No I haven't, do you any other comics by Roman Dirge??

my newest obsession is Mateki:The Magic Flute it's amazing! it's by the japanese artist Yoshitaka Amano who's worked on final fantasy and sandman...if you like graphic novels you're going to love this one!

Hi! :D

I'm new with comics and the only one I started collecting is Lenore.
I was wondering if anyone knows any good horror comics, involving dolls or puppets? Haha, you know, really weird and freaky stuff like that...
I'm definitely into horror stuff like zombies and vampires, but I'm trying to find something with a freaky doll or even a clown...Any ideas would be great, thanks! :p

I'm assuming you've read Neil Gaiman's Sandman as it seems to hit a number of requirements and explored a number of horror and mythic aspects. If not, start with Vol 2: The Doll's House (vol 1 can put a few people off as the series was still finding its feet though the opening chapter does a good job on traditional English horror).

If you're into twisted fairy tales, try Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things. The opening issue/chapter can be found on the right side of the page here.

Back