• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Red Dwarf

I've seen the first season. It has its moments, but I have to say it's not my favourite show.

Red Dwarf is my all time favourite comedy program!! I have the first 5 series on dvd! They tried to make a US version of it and it was shit! Rimmer is the funniest of the lot :)

I love Red Dwarf! Craig Charles is a riot. I went to see him live 5 or 6 years ago and he was hilarious. I heard the US version was crappy. English and American humour is very, very different.

Has it just come out in the US or something?

Dont think so. They tried it a while ago. But it didnt do very well. There were extras on the 5th dvd that explained it. They are making a film now and if that is received well they will make another series :D

I love this quote (Crazy Rimmer Says:Mr Fibbles very cross or two hours of WOO with out oxygen)lol lmao

Red Dwarf is a classic British Sitcom. Well the first 6 series are anyway. Series 7 is about to be released and I doubt I'll be buying it. There are too many classic moments to mention but I guess the first that springs to mind is Lister and wearing the polymorphed underwear and seemingly humping Kryten.

Classic.

I loved the first few series of Red Dwarf, but then they seemed to run out of ideas very quickly. Couldn't stand it once they decided to bring Kochanski back - it just seemed to lose everything that made it funny in the first place.

Still think the Polymorph epsiode must be one of my absolute favourites!

I really liked Red Dwarf but I agree with Sar, it went downhill when they brought Kochanski in.

I loved all of Red dwarf, including all the books, it was great! :p I heard a rumour thats there's going to be a film :) but have no idea when!

Halo said:
I really liked Red Dwarf but I agree with Sar, it went downhill when they brought Kochanski in.

Ditto... but even on the downhill slope I still really enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed the books they wrote - just to clarify, were these written beforem, during or after the relevant episodes? I only ask because they contain a lot more detail than the series ever did.

Did you ever see the blooper reel? Hilarious!!

the four horsemen of the apocalypse, the world where everything went backwards, Kryton learning to say smeg all great stuff :) agree with the Kochanski thing tho

I loved this show. Its a classic.

I heard the US version was crappy.
I can never understand the need to make a US version of a british show. Its not like they dont understand the language is it?

A bit of trivia:
Do you know where the word Smeg comes from?

The books were first i think. The people who wrote the books write the script for the program too. I say smeg off a lot and people dont know what im saying lol :)

Zolipara said:
A bit of trivia:
Do you know where the word Smeg comes from?

I really can't post what the true meaning of smeg is, but it is a shortened version of the word smegma (feel free to PM me if you really want to know)

Sar said:
I really can't post what the true meaning of smeg is, but it is a shortened version of the word smegma (feel free to PM me if you really want to know)
Yes - it's not really appropriate :cool:

Back