• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Removed Posts

Peder

:lol:

Perv. :whistling:

Wel, thanks a whole lot, Sparky! It is the freewheeling informality of this place that makes it so charming. Is that what you call all your friends?

And BTW, were you the same friend who was deleting my posts yesterday afternoon? :confused:

Wel, thanks a whole lot, Sparky! It is the freewheeling informality of this place that makes it so charming.

And BTW, were you the same friend who was deleting my posts yesterday afternoon? :confused:

Nope. Not me. Besides, I thought you went to great pains to let us all know you were ignoring the thread.

Also, I want an illustrated version as well. ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_smileys_naughty.gif

Nope. Not me. Besides, I thought you went to great pains to let us all know you were ignoring the thread.

Also, I want an illustrated version as well. ai5.photobucket.com_albums_y187_sparkchaser1998_smileys_naughty.gif

I don't see any evidence of those great pains here. They just wouldn't seem to stay posted after I put them up.

And this isn't Shameless Promotions, even though the resemblance is striking

Wel, thanks a whole lot, Sparky! It is the freewheeling informality of this place that makes it so charming. Is that what you call all your friends?

That was me. I didn't think saying that you were going to ignore the thread henceforth was in any way relevant to the discussion at hand.

That was me. I didn't think saying that you were going to ignore the thread henceforth was in any way relevant to the discussion at hand.

Thanks for the clarification Polly, belated though it may be.

Is that a new policy? For me only, or for everybody? If I may ask.

Thanks for the clarification Polly, belated though it may be.

Is that a new policy? For me only, or for everybody? If I may ask.

As there weren't any questions asked about it before I didn't see the point in randomly saying so in any given thread you or I happened to be posting in, but since you asked, I answered. :)

It is not a new policy and not only applicable to you. Posts have been removed from numerous members for the same reason.

As there weren't any questions asked about it before I didn't see the point in randomly saying so in any given thread you or I happened to be posting in, but since you asked, I answered. :)

It is not a new policy and not only applicable to you. Posts have been removed from numerous members for the same reason.

Glad to hear of the general applicability.

Do personal insults also get removed, as not contributing to the discussion?

When all they do is insult, yes, provided they are spotted...I only have two eyes and I'm certain the other moderators have the same anatomical restriction. Posts may also be removed if someone has reported them.

Edit: moved things to feedback and help section so the other thread can stay on Rave Girl.

When all they do is insult, yes, provided they are spotted...I only have two eyes and I'm certain the other moderators have the same anatomical restriction.

No criticism whatever was meant of your diligence or of any other moderator's.

Actually, the main personal insults I have received have come from moderators themselves. But I'm willing to let things rest as long as the general policy is now known.

Thanks for your open and forthright responses.

Sincerely,
Peder
:flowers:

I must admit Peder, I did chuckle in response to your post of the same thing, but not in an unfriendly way. Just that I read that description that chap wrote and it was a bit 'XXX' and then I saw your post about 'illustrations' and I thought you were being tongue in cheek and genuinely was chuckling here :cool:

I must admit Peder, I did chuckle in response to your post of the same thing, but not in an unfriendly way. Just that I read that description that chap wrote and it was a bit 'XXX' and then I saw your post about 'illustrations' and I thought you were being tongue in cheek and genuinely was chuckling here :cool:

Well, the discussion just goes to show that in forumland one can never count on how something will be taken. Simple plodding declarative sentences are best used, avoiding any humor, second meaning, irony, sarcasm, parody or other intonations. And despite best efforts, they might still be misconstrued. Even assuming a well-intentioned audience. And not all audiences are well-intentioned, I might add.

To the topic, though, I thought the excerpt was over the top, and illustrations appropriate to the genre would have made it even more so. So, yes, the intent was humorous, in addition to obliquely indicating my serious reservation. It wasn't my kind of story.

Back