• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Research

Are you male or female book fans?

• I'm a male reader

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • I'm a female reader

Votes: 20 58.8%

• Total voters

RainbowGurl

A question popped into my head and I was just wondering if there is any research if women read more than men?

I wanted to make a poll and see how many men are here and how many women, because if there is more women here then it might show that women are more intrested in books and reading more than men.

Yes, but it could also depend on how many men/women have a computer and the time to surf the Internet, how many men/women are technically minded etc. Plus how many of each have bothered to join this forum, and even how many have bothered to reply to your thread! :) (Plus loads of other factors.)

Saying all that though, the result will be kind of interesting. I predict the result to be that there will be more men.

Yeah, I was expecting there to be more guys, like Halo. I've got a funny feeling that there are more guys than girls in the forum aswell, but I'm probably completely wrong about that also.

Don't think it would have much bearing here, but I tell my kids to never, ever, under any circumstances, announce what gender they are on the internet.

There may be people in this forum who are hidding their gender for kicks too.
I would have bet money on the gender of a few posters, and was a bit shocked when I saw what they wrote in their profile.

Has anybody done an age range poll? I'd also be interested in the general ages of forum regulars.

I think this forum is free of paedophiles. Some of us may be a bit bonkers, but we're all sensible people and I doubt anyone is too paranoid about revealing anything as intoxicating as their sex.

Just out of interest - without looking at my profile (or my name) - what sex would you say I am? How old do you think I am aswell? I'm just interested.

I think the average age of the members is about 90. There are people like our dear RainbowGurl on one end, and old cronies with colostomi bags in their pants like SillyWabbit on t'other.

• I had no intention of insulting or belittling any old cronies with colostomi bags with that message. Please don't shower me with shit.

Motokid said:
Don't think it would have much bearing here, but I tell my kids to never, ever, under any circumstances, announce what gender they are on the internet.

I would have bet money on the gender of a few posters, and was a bit shocked when I saw what they wrote in their profile.

Has anybody done an age range poll? I'd also be interested in the general ages of forum regulars.
In my opinion I think its ok to give out your gender, what I feel you should NOT give out is your last name.

Nosferatu Man said:
Just out of interest - without looking at my profile (or my name) - what sex would you say I am? How old do you think I am aswell? I'm just interested.
  • I had no intention of insulting or belittling any old cronies with colostomi bags with that message. Please don't shower me with shit.
i would say you are a very very old vampire. :p

Don't worry guys, I died years ago and am longer a Vampire. I'm a friendly, common Human now. Hmm... you're taking a long time thinking about my age, Mr. Motokid. Am I too confusing or are you just not playing? :D

I was kinda hoping somebody else would stick their foot into their mouth and I would not have to, but since others are obviously smarter than I....

Since "man" is part of your screen name I have to guess you're male.

I never knew you existed until this thread, and I have not yet dug into past threads you've been involved in, so I'll say you're in your mid to late 50's.

Weight: 175lbs.

eyes: brown wearing glasses - bifoculs

currently wearing only your boxers and a "wife beater" t-shirt with black socks and tan colored sandals on your feet, drinking scotch on the rocks

I think there are more female than male readers, but since you ask this question on a forum i think you will end up with a answer closer to 50/50 since there are usually more men on forums (although the females are catching up fast).

Hoom... come now, Motokid. I am male, but I'm not in my mid to late 50's! I won't put my real age up here, just in case someone else wants to play the game, but you can check out my profile for it, if you fancy. Also, I weight a mere 130lbs, and no, I don't wear bifoculs - mine are just regular glasses for short-sightedness in my right eye, and astigmatism in my left.

Sorry about the Mister thing - I just sort of find it vaguely amusing to call people Mr. Whatever. It's not me trying to be polite or anything like that.

Mid to late 50's?! What made you think that? :D

So, I guess I have athletes tongue now huh?

Are you going to do me the return favor of a guess as to who I am? Or have you already checked on that?

Motokid said:

No one ever guesses that I'm a 12 year old girl.

Back