• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Review: A Court of Thorns and Roses (no spoil)

StephyKira

Global ratings: 18/20 - Personal 2015 favorite and one of the most brilliant « Beauty and the Beast » stories I have read in a long time.

Plot: 17/20 The plot of this volume mainly revolves around the love story and around the discovery of this fascinating world. As an old friend of mine used to say, « [She] may not be inventing the wheel, but [she] sure well knows how to make it spin». One of the most compelling Beauty and the Beast stories I have had the chance to read. Trend: #Beauty&TheBeast #Captive #Love-focused #Cursed
Lore: 17/20 Whether you're a fan of faerie stories or not doesn't begin to matter with @SJMaas. We are not talking about classic faerie stories and we are not talking about just any author. Twice now (with both "A Throne of Glass" and "A court of Thorns and roses") has she managed to create original worlds of her own. Twice now has she convinced me to like faeries when I am not normally attracted by these kind of universes. You will find yourself sucked in. Trend: #Faeries #Magic #Fantasy-World
Characters: 19/20Characters definitely count as one of the strong points of this book: Enjoy compelling protagonists who will make you feel something. Bonus points for badass villains both seductive and scary. Trend: #Lovely-Bickering #Lethal #Feisty-Lead-Character #Mortal-Enemies #Cursed
Romance: 17/20 While some people may find the Stockholm syndrome aspect of Beauty and the Beast based novels disturbing in general, I find it one of my favorites love story archetypes. There is something to be said about inner beauty and spirit. Trend: #Beauty&TheBeast #Hot #Tantalizing #Captive #Taming
Writing Style: 19/20Effortless (well, it sure must have demanded a lot of work, but @SJMaas has a way of making it look effortless). The text structure and writing flow are what they should always be in my opinion: Invisible and smooth, supporting the story without hindering the pace of your reading. @SJMaas simply always delivers.

I could write pages after pages on @SJMaas‘ work.She is a force of nature and the biggest surprise I have had in 2015 (I mean, seriously, when an author manages to make you love something you thought you would have disliked to the point where you find yourself eagerly waiting for a year to get your hands on the sequel then you know you have found something precious).

A Court of Thorns and Roses is a « can’t-put-it-down-before-the-end » kind of book. You are warned!

Note: Please remember that all Enthralled reviews are subjective and based on my personal experiences and criteria. The ratings given do not make a book good or bad. They are only indication on how well it fitted my taste and expectations.

Read more Enthralled review on: https://enthralledsite.wordpress.com/

i read this book and I like it. but weeks ago the sequel was released, didn't have a chance to finish it cos I was so frustrated with the twist of romance there.

Back