• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reviews - possible to improve?

Oh. I suppose the Albert Camus entries should be changed then? There might be more, but I'm not sure...

What about if a book's title is different in the US and UK

For example: HP 1 = Philosopher's Stone in UK, Sorcerer's Stone in US

Bill Bryson's Aussie book also had different titles in the US and UK, and im sure there are others

What title should we use when adding a book to the database?

And what happens to books with two or more authors? Does it get entered into the database twice?

(I feel like a four-year-old again; so many questions.)

If a book is known by more than one title, I'd suggest having the original title as the main title, and then an entry for "Also Known As" can be added.

So, HP1 would be know as Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone, but an entry for Also Known as "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (US Title)" - a similar system to IMDB.

If a book has more than one author, enter it under the first author for now. Future versions of the software should allow multiple authors per book. I don't think the title should be entered twice as it messes up the reviews system.

I'm open to suggestions on all this of course.

Thanks.

Darren.

Just a quick question, once you've added an Author Profile can you edit it in any way? I only ask because i added someone, but i didnt put any biographical information in - can i add some later?

There isn't a way for users to edit author information. If you want to email it to me, I'll amend the author.

Darren.

Okay, I'm sorry, I'm stupid and all, but I need a quick recap. I have several authors I wish to add to the directory. What do I do?

I E-mail you the list, right? But what do I add? Some info on the author, a list of books he/she has written, some information on those books, etc? And all this additional information, is this optional? (In other words, will a list of just names suffice, or do you recommend me to add as much information I can gather?)

I'm sorry for all the questions (most of which you'll probably already have answered in the posts above), but I'm a complete computer-illiterate. I would love to participate in making this site as big as possible, but you'll have to guide me step by step.

Sorry for the trouble.

Cheers, Martin :D

No problem.

To submit an author you can either use the form here (it takes me a short while to activate new suggestions) or you can email me the author name(s) to admin @ thebookforum.com

Authors are stored "lastname, firstname(s)"

To add a book, you can either use the form here or again, email it to me especially if the author isn't in the database.

If you email, send whatever information you have and I can add it to the database.

If you want to submit any corrections or additional info, email it to me (I'm going to design a form for visitors to submit updates/corrections).

Thanks.

Darren.

Right, thanks. I'll try the form first. I assume that the 'country'-bit on the form refers to where the author is from, right?

I'll give it a go, thanks for your patience.

Oh one more question. How do I now when an author I suggested is 'activated'?

Cheers, Martin :D

Back