• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Reviews

Iris

I've written a novel, and though I'm only fifteen, there is no one of around my age I want reading it, so I was wondering if anyone would be interested in reading some, if not all of it. Most teenagers are only 3 IQ points higher than butter, and the only thing on their brain is Winter Formal. Again, if you're interested, respond.

You may very well find some interested readers here, Iris. My suggestion is to direct people interested in reviewing your novel to contact you via email to work out the details. How's that sound?

To start, why don't you give us a synopsis?

Originally posted by Iris
Most teenagers are only 3 IQ points higher than butter, and the only thing on their brain is Winter Formal.
Don't underestimate your average teenager... Besides; IQ doesn't change over the years, does it?

Anyway, I think Dawn's right about the e-mailing thing.

Wow. I'm impressed at that. Most fifteen year olds are mostly interested in things like Winter Formal or at least the local equivalent. IQ aside, they might just not be interested. Trouble is that until you're eighteen you might have some rights issues too. Smart or not you're still a minor and that may suck but its true. There's probably some scum-bag out there that would love to take advantage of your situation too.

As for readers I'd try a parent--if they're cool about it. Perhaps an English/Lit teacher at school--again, the cool factor is very important. Are they going to freak? Are they going to rat to your folks if your folks don't know? Think about it.

I'd do some serious research--possibly with an adult, although anyone can look up publishing requirements on the web--regarding the in's and out's of publishing, especially on the web. We've got a Writer's Block but its still out in the open. I've got a list in the Science Fiction Forum of SF publishers and their sites. That might help some. More importantly there is a link to the SFWA--Science Fiction Writers of America with publishing horror stories and some good overall pointers for writers. Give that a try too. Then--whatever genre your novel is--you can find the appropriate publisher and go from there.

Personally I'd be very careful about emailing anything anywhere especially a piece of intellectual property like a manuscript. Careful as in--don't do it. BAEN SF publishers accepts electronic submissions, but I don't think anyone else does. The only reason I'd email it to them is to have them publish it.

Just cynical ol' me, but caution is advised. Good luck and beware of POD publishers.

This is waaaaay off topic, but...
By the way I just read your quote, Iris, about Mr. Timberlake and about fell off the couch laughing. Seems like he's long on looks and short on brains.

(He, Heee!)"Duh, you mean like a book?" (Snicker) Probably looked at the Winter Formal catalog though... (Ha HA Ha ha!)
OK, I'm done now.

IRIS!

I want to read you book!

I'd love to read something a fifteen year old wrote. I'm 14. And your right about teenagers, they have the brain capacity of celery.

email it to me (if you want to) Tikibob1214@yahoo.com

Yes, give us genre, a short summery, an idea of the length of your manuscript and any other quotes you may have!

I'd love to give it a read through, but I wouldn't want to post my
e-mail address around a message-board, even a reputable one like this.

I'd also be more than happy to proof-read it for you if you'd like.

I also think what you're doing is great. I'd love to be an author but I don't think I have the self-disipline it takes.
;)

Back