• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Charles Wilson

shadforth

Has anyone read Robert Charles Wilson? I came across him while browsing on Amazon,and ordered a novel called Spin via my library in January,and I'm still waiting! :sad: The guy's been writing sci-fi for 20+ years now,and has an impressive back-catalogue. Another title that caught my eye was Crooked Treefrom '81,a horror involving Indian folklore. Hey! Maybe nobody know him from Adam! :)

I have not read any of his books but I just put Spin by Robert Charles Wilson on my wish list on amazon. Thank you very much.

I have read Spin, and it's very enjoyable. I like coming of age stories, and this is an interesting one, combining an interplanetary mystery, the playing out of a doomsday scenario, aliens and the usual relationship angle - in this case it's pent-up unrequited love.

Wilson tells the story from a first person perspective, so you learn along with the protagonists as the story unfolds. Also manages a commentary on Christianity as well.

One of my better random reads.

ds

I have read Spin, and it's very enjoyable. I like coming of age stories, and this is an interesting one, combining an interplanetary mystery, the playing out of a doomsday scenario, aliens and the usual relationship angle - in this case it's pent-up unrequited love.

Wilson tells the story from a first person perspective, so you learn along with the protagonists as the story unfolds. Also manages a commentary on Christianity as well.

One of my better random reads.

ds

Thanks direstraits. I should've just bought it on Amazon marketplace etc,instead of being a skinflint! :)

Haha, then I win for skinflint-iness, as I got my copy as a free ebook promotion. :) Tor.com launched not too long ago, and as a lead-up to the event gave away a succession of top-flight fantasy novels as ebooks by authors you've actually heard of, and one of 'em was Wilson's.

If you're not violently opposed to reading ebooks, and would like to give him a try, let me know, and I'll send a copy along to you. If you like the book enough you can support the author by buying the sequel to Spin. :)

I lost count of how many authors got me buying their books this way (most recently was John Scalzi).

ds

I started reading Spin this week. I’m a little more than half way through. I am also finding it a very enjoyable read. If you are a die-hard SF fan you might not enjoy it quite as much because while there is certainly plenty of science in it, the focus of the story is on the characters. You could probably remove all the SF parts of the book and still have a decent novel. I’ll probably check out some of his other works after finishing this one.

Back