• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Crais: The Watchman

Lincoln Rhyme

Joe Pike is a former mercenary and ex-cop. Pike owes a favor to somebody from the past. That person then sends Joe on a job to save a girl. Then the body count starts to rise.

My opinion: This was boring. Joe has the emotion of a walking corpse.There is a lot of action,but not enough of dialogue. The plot just seems to stay in one place. For my 2nd Robert Crais novel,this one was pretty bad. I couldn't even finish it.

My rating::star1:

I read all of the Elvis Cole and Joe Pike books except for this one and they were okay but not the best, in my opinion. I think the first one was the best of these but can't remember title.

I read all of the Elvis Cole and Joe Pike books except for this one and they were okay but not the best, in my opinion. I think the first one was the best of these but can't remember title.
You mean The Monkey's Raincoat? I plan on reading that ASAP. My first Crais novel was Hostage/ I thought it was a brilliant book;it even got into my top 5.

Yes that is the one. it was quite good as I remember, but I read it long time ago. Hostage was movie with Bruce Willis, also. Pretty good movie, but I never read the book.

I was disappointed in this one. I thought the girl in the book was annoying. If you want a good Robert Crais book read "L.A. Requiem".

The girl in Watchman was annoying, but I love Joe Pike and loved this book. I find all the Elvis Cole entertaining.

Back