• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Crais

eyez0nme

Anyone here read the Detective Elvis Cole novels?

One major reason I like about his writing is his fast pace description, and action. Even faster than crap Dan Brown.

Robert Crais was actually the first author I read in the mystery genre, and was my very favorite for many years. But I have to say I enjoyed his earlier books of the Elvis & Joe series much more, because I loved the humor he wrote into them. I really enjoyed his latest standalone, The Two Minute Rule. My favorite of the Elvis series is probably Stalking the Angel. I loved how irreverent Elvis was with those pompous, self-important people in the beginning.

Robert Crais is my favorite, fast paced and interesting stories. I read he has a new book coming out in February 2007

Yes, The Watchman is being billed as "A Joe Pike Novel", so I can't wait to find out what the plot is going to be. I couldn't find anything online yet.

Another good series is the Prey series by John Sandford, I also like the Harry Bosch stories by Michael Connelly

I just discovered Crais. I finished LA Requiem and am now working on The Last Detective. I am a huge fan of this genre and I must say this guy is GOOD!!

Yep, ifpiper, me too.

Just finished his first novel The Monkey's Raincoat and I'm definitely hooked. Can't wait to read the rest in the series. Joe Pike was my fav, so anxious to see how he develops as a character.

Cheers all,
MattieRae

I used to like Crais books but haven't read any in a long time. Library where I work as Indigo Blue and I read it before but maybe pick it up anyway.

I enjoy the Elvis Cole books. Not only do they have good action, I like the humor in them. However, as much as I like Joe Pike, he reminds me a lot of Hawk in the Spenser novels.

Has anyone heard when the next Elvis Cole book will be released? I keep checking Crais's web site and haven't heard anything.

I enjoy the Elvis Cole books. Not only do they have good action, I like the humor in them. However, as much as I like Joe Pike, he reminds me a lot of Hawk in the Spenser novels.

Has anyone heard when the next Elvis Cole book will be released? I keep checking Crais's web site and haven't heard anything.

January 10, 2012

The book is call "Taken"

'Taken' has just been released in the US (24 Jan); it seems ridiculous that the UK has to wait until April until it is published there. I've ordered mine from Amazon US, and it should arrive any day now.
If it's as good as his previous offerings, all of which I've read, it should be a good 'un.

Havs just finished reading "Taken" by Robert Crais - a good read - bought the book from Amazon.

I used to read the Elvis Cole novels until he got involved with Lucy, and then the stories got a bit too wishy-washy for me. I think I might re-read the early stuff. Joe Pike is great!

Back