• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert D. Novak: The Prince of Darkness

Hugh

Subtitled 50 years of reporting in Washington, it's his very detaled memoirs with precise dates, locations and names. If you don't remember Novak, he's the one who stirred controversy by mentioning the name of CIA analyst Valerie Plame in print. He begins the book giving his side of the Plame story, then goes through all the years of his career, and finishes the book on the Plame story again.

Early in his career he was criticized as a liberal, but toward the end he was known as a hardcore conservative who opposed the Iraq war.

As I read through it I noticed that Limbaugh's name wasn't coming up, despite considerable name dropping. I thought perhaps I had missed a paragraph while reading in a twilight state, so I checked the index after I had completed the book and the name Limbaugh was absent. I googled the terms "novak limbaugh feud" and didn't find anything specific, however, one web page mentioned the Limbaugh could "ironically" use case law where Novak had found himself a defendant in a libel lawsuit. So there must have been some bad blood between them, I'll look again some other time to find out what it was. If you know what it was, post it here, I'd definitely be interested to know.

This is a good book, very readable, not the least bit dry or boring.

:star4:

Back