• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Robert Harris

i have only read fatherland, and its pretty good
i would be willing to give a go to other novels by him

i really havent heard that much about him, probably because he hasnt written a lot of novels, i simply saw the fatherland movie on tv some time ago, then saw the novel at a second hand shop and buy it, and like it a lot, especially because on those days i was on my WWII stage (well actually i still am).

I really enjoyed Fatherland (on the same sort of WWII phase too :) ), and i've also read Archangel and Pompeii which were ok but I think Fatherland is the pick of the three.

I have Pompeii on my To Buy List for a while now. :) It came highly recommended, and will be my first (of many, if this proves interesting) historical fiction.

ds

I've read Archangel (which was on tv recently), which is about an academic at a conference in Russia who is tempted to chase after some of Stalin's papers and ends up with more than he bargained for. It was a good page-turning thriller, although I thought the ending let it down a bit.
I've also read Enigma which is about code-breaking during WW2. Another good read which kept the pages turning.
I've got Pompeii waiting to be read. I haven't read Fatherland.
I'd definitely recommend Robert Harris as a great story teller with a good feel for history based on the two I've read. Hope this helps.

Back