• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Rock and Roll versions of classical music?

Mandi-chan

I've heard Rock and Roll versions of classic X-mas music before, and can recall hearing other classical music played like that.

What bands do this style of music?

Try Yngwie Malmsteen. He does a lot of classical covers. Dream Theater has incorporated Beethoven into at least one song. Also check out their guitarist John Petrucci's cover of Flight of the Bumblebee, it's quite amazing.

Edit: also, though they don't really cover classical music, you might be interested in the genre of music called symphonic metal.

For the christmas covers, I assume you're talking about Trans Siberian Orchestra? If you're not, then you might like them, too.

Do you mean like 'A Fifth of Beethoven' by the Bee Gees?

I love that, it's from the film Saturday Night Fever.'

'Could It Be Magic' written by Adrienne Anderson and Barry Manilow is based on Frédéric Chopin's Prelude in C Minor, Opus 28, Number 20. Donna Summer also covered this song in a dance version. This prelude is one of my favorite and I play it often.

Emerson, Lake and Palmer have done a few great renditions of classical pieces. "Fanfare for the Common Man" and by Aaron Copland and "Tocatta" which was from an Alberto Ginastera piano concerto are my two favorites.

Back