• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Romance thread

Vespertilio91

Who out there is for having a romance forum? We already have a comedy, horror, mystery, and historical fiction forum, so why not a romance? They are a totally different genre than anything else that is here.

If you think we should, post in this...if not, still post. IF I get enough people who like it, I'll take it to the mods.

I think it's a great idea. You make a good point - we've got all the other genre's, there should be a romance one. I'm for it :).

Wonderful. We can confine all the saps to one area.

Kidding, kidding!

I still read romance novels even though I dislike the whole predictable cliche of them.

I think this is a pointless idea. Horror, crime, fantasy or whatever are genres whereby the plots of the stories are beyond our real-life experiences (or hopefully, anyway). Many novels contain romance, which would just confuse the already slightly unecessary boundaries regarding books and their genres. Nabokov's Lolita, for example, would be ideally discussed in the general fiction forum, or a romance forum? What about something like Jane Eyre?

And then you have the sub-genres: contemporary chick-lit, historical romance, romantic fantasy, etc... Maybe the thread title suggestion of a romance thread would be a better bet.

I just saw that many of our members seem to like romantic/erotica novels and was just wondering if they would like an organized place to talk about it. I see your point, Steffee, but still think that a romance whatever-it's-called would be a better idea for those who actually enjoy them and want a place to talk about them.

You either hate or love romance novels. There is quite a wide range of romance though, contemporary, historical, erotica, FFP. But I think its a good idea to have a section devoted to it. To tell the truth, thats why I came on this site, to find a romance novel I had read before. So I say GO FOR IT!!

I agree with steffee - deciding weither books are romance or not would be difficult, as most romance books can also fit into genres already with their own forums (such as historical fiction). I personally don't think that there would be much discussion in a forum like this - but that's just my opinion :)

I understand where you and Steffee are coming from, Monkey, but I still think that there are enough novels out there that can be put into romance that we would have a sufficient number of people reading and posting in it regularly.

I guess we should have a romance section to be fair, but I agree with Fantasy Moon. I found romance novels to be what I can only call a cheap form of fiction. It's predictable, cliched, and at times, just plain boring. But just because I wouldn't be checking that section for new posts doesn't mean someone else won't. I wonder how many people like romance novels on here?

Back