• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

RSS feeds

sanyuja

I am a member of a few technical forums and I use a feed reader to read the messages posted on these forums.

I was wondering if TBF can add this feature of RSS feeds so that one can read messages as soon as they are posted without actually opening a web browser.

Just a suggestion :rolleyes:

Hmm. I like feeds for news and stuff, but this forum gets hundreds of posts every day, so wouldn't that get a bit much?

I dont think so lies.

I subscribe to forums where they post thousands of posts everyday. You can always choose what you want to read and what you don't want to. Right?

Yeah, sure, but if you have to sort through them all the same, why not just come online and use the New Posts thing? Chances are you'll reply to one of the threads anyway, so it'd be saving you a step too.

Not that I'd mind TBF having an RSS feed of course... I was just wondering.

It's not the ease of use I am talking here. But, accessibility.

If there is an RSS feed, its like being online on TBF all the time. I don't have to remind myself to check for new posts. Its useful for someone like me who is in front of the PC for atleast 8 hours a day with internet connection all the time.

lies said:
Not that I'd mind TBF having an RSS feed of course... I was just wondering.
Of course :)

Back