• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

running out of petrol depreciation

oldboy

jumped in the car to come to work [late]
wouldnt bloody start :rolleyes: :mad: :mad:

i thought id cut it a bit fine coming home last night

:D Now I've cut it fine on numerous occasions but never quite that close!
I have left the lights on all night though and run the battery down so much that it couldn't even be jump started :eek:

My worst was having the car die in a 4 laner on a SATURDAY.
Man, do you get MEAN looks.... as if I planned this????? :confused:

Some sweetheart young man on a skateboard helped push me out of traffic.

council man working on the estate sorted me out a dribble he had left so i could get to petty station.
now i need to get a can with some spare fuel in for the boot [or is this dangerous?!]

oldboy said:
council man working on the estate sorted me out a dribble he had left so i could get to petty station.
now i need to get a can with some spare fuel in for the boot [or is this dangerous?!]

I think it is. Fumes from the petrol can leak into the interior of the car and make you a bit loopy and sick. Put an empty can in there and a pair of good walking shoes...

it was dark and cold and late and wet. rank
and i DID have enough to get home>>just not enough to get moving the next day

fair enough - it wasn't meant to be a criticism. I guess I was just thinking along the lines of why put it off until the absolute last minute when you need to do it anyway? I work with lots of people who seem to apply the 'leave it until the last possible minute' approach and it bugs me :mad:

Back