• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Salman Rushdie: The Enchantress Of Florence

ewomack

Rushdie's new novel appears in the US on May 27th. It's already available in Britain. So far, the reviews have praised it. Has anyone here read it?

It is out here in Australia too. And I got a copy last week for Mothers Day, but haven't started reading it yet. It looks really good.

Beutifully written. Definatly a book for those of us that love a well narrated story. The characters are enchanting. It is a window into history whith all it's romaticism and brutallity. I was enchanted from the first sentence. . .
I recommend reading this when you have a long block of time; it is difficult to put it down.

I was really disappointed in this. There were some things I really liked in Enchantress, but not all of them seemed to have anything to do with each other. A rather pale :star3:, and the extra star is just because he does a miracle save over the last 10-15 pages; as a huge Rushdie fan, I call that a major letdown. I'm going to try to put together some more coherent thoughts, because there are some really interesting themes here, and there might even be an excellent novel in there somewhere, but right now it just felt like half of it was filler. At least Fury had the good sense to be short.

I like this one...so far. It's early in my reading so I will NOT review it. It looks to be a dandy....

aimages.barnesandnoble.com_images_44940000_44949314.JPG

__

Back