• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

sci-fi & fantasy section?

funes

I was just wondering if something happened to the sci-fi & fantasy category? Does anybody know?

Hi :)
I was just wondering if, when you open a new section of the messageboard (eg. Sci-Fi and Fantasy), it would be worth moving existing threads into it if they would fit there better that where they were? (an example of what I mean is that I noticed that there are two threads for the fantasy series 'Wheel of Time' in different areas of the messageboard - do you think it would be better to just have on where it fits best?).
The reason I ask is that other messageboards that I have been a part of have found duplicate threads a real problem as they grow bigger - for the space they take up and for new members who are trying to find a particular topic.
If I am repeating something you've already thought of or being interfering please just ignore me! :)

Originally posted by Deerskin
Hi :)
I was just wondering if, when you open a new section of the messageboard (eg. Sci-Fi and Fantasy), it would be worth moving existing threads into it if they would fit there better that where they were?
Good idea. We'll start to move some of the older threads across.
Originally posted by Deerskin
If I am repeating something you've already thought of or being interfering please just ignore me! :)
Not at all, feedback and suggestions are actively encouraged :)

I'm glad you said that Prolixic because I have a few books and authors in mind which I'd like to introduce threads for but it seems a waste when there are very few replies (I guess I'm used to a huge messageboard where, if a thread is ignored for long it will quickly fall out of sight and sit there wasting space!)
It's made me very self-conscious about starting new threads, especially if my old ones remain unreplied-to! :D

In someways I'm glad we're not very big. It makes the site more personal, and besides, I couldn't afford to run it if we were getting millions of hits every day.

Back