• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

searching for a book i read in 1994

lilly812

Hello everyone, I hope someone can help me. I have been trying to find a book that I read over 10 years ago. I don't remember the title or author, but the book was about a daughter of a businessman, the father I think was killed. A man (good guy) that was working for her father took her and a group of people over to Africa for a safari or some kind of tour. There was a man in the group that had plans to kill the daughter ( I think in order to take over the company). I remember that while they were camping there was an attack on the daughter and the good guy had pretended that she had gotten bit by a snake to make everyone believe that she was dead, so that he could protect her. I don't know what the fasination is with this book that I have been looking for , but I have been trying for the past week with no success. If anyone could help me it would be a miracle but I would appreciate any help you could give.
thanks

I'm going to guess "A Far Off Place" by Laurens van der Post, published 1978. Your description bears a resemblance to the Disney movie. I've never read the book itself.

I have looked up "A Far Off Place" and it is not it. I think it would probably be categorized as a romance or suspense novel. I do remember that in the beginning that the daughter is walking down an alley and comes across the man that help her out in the jungle. I think maybe she was getting mugged or some other guy wouldn't leave her alone. Any other suggestions?? :confused:

I still haven't been able to find this book. Can anyone help me? I thought I would ask one more time and then I will stop looking.

Back