• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

searching for a book title

boonejeeper

I read a book a few years back, and it was great, i just don't remember what it was called. I would love to find it and read it again so maybe one of you knows the title.

It followed three different people. Each chapter was basically a different person telling part of the story through their perspective. One was a lady Sherriff, one was a male FBI agent, and the third was a young girl who had undergone genetic experiments, so she had wings and hollow bones and large lungs like a bird, but the body of a human. The young girl had a younger brother, and stayed at a "school" with lots of other genetic experiments and could not leave. The Sheriff and the FBI agent end up running across this secret facility and it has been abandoned and the only thing left are dead experiments in cages and these two children. this is where the story gets fuzzy, but whoever owned the facility comes back i think, and there's a big chase.

thank you if you know what the title is, i would greatly appreciate the title

It sounds a bit like the Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells or Dr. Franklin's Island by Ann Halam.

I don't think it's Dr Franklin's Island, as the only thing that really fits is the genetic engineering bit with the girl who is changed into a bird. :)

I think it's 'When the wind blows' by James Patterson.
The girl in it is called Max short for Maximum.
Theres also a sequel 'The Lake House' but it's definately not as good.

Back