• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Searching for an old mystery

vwebb

Someone please help me.....I read a book over 10 years ago and age is catching up with me. I can't remember the title or the author. I believe the author was a female though. The story very much outlines that of the 1950's movie "Sunset Boulevard." A female writer from the states is asked to go overseas to (possibly Sweden) write about the life of a former actress. The actress was either a witness to or accused of, a murder on the scene of a movie she starred in. The killer was never identified during her days but she is now suffering from memories/torment. I believe her maid (who was also her maid or possibly understudy years ago during the murder) is trying to drive her insane by doing odd/disturbing things. Eventually the maid is uncovered as the murderer (I think!) by the writer who was staying in the house. If anyone thinks they may know the title or the author, please e-mail me. Thank you!

Back