• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Searching For...

Hi there!

I really, really hope somewhere here can help me find a specific book. You see, it's vital to my own research and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The Title is: I, Pierre Seel, Deported Homosexual: A Memoir of Nazi Terror
The Author: Seel, Pierre ( Last Name, First Name )
Brief Description: After years of anguished silence, French-born Seel came out of the closet in 1981 at the age of 58 to bear witness to the Nazi deportation of homosexuals during WWII. In this brief, powerful memoir, he recalls the details of his arrest and torture by the Gestapo and his horrific experiences at a concentration camp in Alsace, where homosexuals were the most despised of prisoners. Inexplicably released in 1941, he was drafted into the German army, saw action on various fronts and managed to survive the war. Convinced by a priest that he was in a state of mortal sin, Seel set out to eradicate his homosexuality, keeping silent for years about his "pink triangle" past. But in 1981, outraged by a prominent bishop's characterization of homosexuals as "sick," he became inspired with a sense of obligation to obtain recognition for what had happened to some 350,000 homosexuals during the war, and his public statements became a cause celebre in France. Seel remains active at 72 in his personal crusade, publicly airing the long-overlooked tragedy of the homosexual holocaust. His account of his suffering and his plea for justice are heartrending in their dignified restraint. Illustrations. ( Description provided by Amazon.com. Copyright 1995 Reed Business Information, Inc. )​

If you have this book in your possession, or know of a place, Other Than Amazon.com, where I can purchase and / or rent it, as the local library has virtually nothing on the Holocaust, I would be so, so grateful.

Thank you so much!

<3 <3 <3
Broken Promises

P.S. Also, any other book that would help to researching Nazi treatment of homosexuals in concentration camps, would also be appreciated! Thanks!

Abe Books might be worth looking at.

As for other books, although it is not a topic I am familiar with myself, a search brought up the following page and listed below is their recommended reading list:

HOMOSEXUALS: VICTIMS OF THE NAZI ERA

RECOMMENDED READING

Burleigh, Michael, and Wolfgang Wippermann. The Racial State Germany 1933-1945 (Cambridge, England, 1991).

Heger, Heinz. The Men with the Pink Triangle (Boston, 1994).

Isherwood, Christopher. Christopher and His Kind (New York, 19761.

Lautmann, Ruediger. "Gay Prisoners in Concentration Camps as Compared with Jehovah's Witnesses and Political Prisoners," in Michael Berenbaum, ed., A Mosaic of Victims: Non-Jews Persecuted and Murdered by the Nazis (New York. 1990), pp. 200-221

Plant, Richard. The Pink Triangle: The Nazi War against Homosexuals (New York, 1986).

Wolff, Charlotte. Magnus Hirschfeld: A Portrait of a Pioneer in Sexology (London, 1986).

HTH

Thank you so much for your time and help!
I never have heard of AbeBooks before.
The prices are so reasonable, too.

Thanks so much!

Back