• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Season 4 - The Apprentice

I'm so glad I live in Central Time and I don't have the conflict with survivor and the apprentice. The way the programs run here, the apprentice follows right after survivor, making for a fantastic Thursday night with my fiance! We love watching both and discussing everyone's actions and motivations and such during the commericals. I'm so excited it's all starting up again!! :D

Well, the first season kicks off with a bang. Girls vs. boys and the boys take the first competition.

I thought the task was a bit lame, but the drama was great. The bitch that got booted deserved it in a major way. What a big mouth.

Anybody else watch?

(By the way Kristocat, I was wrong. Survivor comes on before Apprentice here too. Survivor at 8:00pm and Apprentice at 9:00pm. No conflict....yet)

Motokid: Yay! I'm glad you can have your cake and eat it too like me :D

Yeah I really really wanted Trump to boot Melissa out. My fiance was saying that he might not do it, because it's "good" TV to have her still there and causing conflict, but Trump did the right thing.

What do you think of the PM for the guys, that Markus dude? Wishy washy, no?

KristoCat said:
Motokid: Yay! I'm glad you can have your cake and eat it too like me :D

Yeah I really really wanted Trump to boot Melissa out. My fiance was saying that he might not do it, because it's "good" TV to have her still there and causing conflict, but Trump did the right thing.

What do you think of the PM for the guys, that Markus dude? Wishy washy, no?

Markus (thank you for remembering names.....I suck at names...) certainly seems like the first guy that needs to go. A blabber mouth who blabs a whole bunch of nothing. I liked the new twist that the winning team gets to vote about immunity for the winning PM. That's a cool twist.

Oo, yeah, totally agree with you on the twist. It'll be much more fair for everyone, and plus you get those lovely awkward moments where the team has to vote in the board room in front of The Donald on whether to extend this privilege or not. And probably some juicy conflict later. :D

Markus skates by again...but he's had his head placed firmly on the platter by Trump in no uncertain terms hasn't he?

I knew the girls would win as soon as I saw the challenge. My 13 year old daughter and I both picked it right from the get go. Don't these "smart" guys ever watch these kinds of shows before they sign up for them? As soon as one team decides they have some huge advantage simply because of gender, they lose. Plain and simple. This time was no different. The girls presentation was way better, and way cooler. I loved the reward...ice-hockey with the Islanders...

Motokid said:
As soon as one team decides they have some huge advantage simply because of gender, they lose. Plain and simple. This time was no different.
I dunno about that, Moto. What about the first task in the first season, selling lemonade? The women seemed pretty aware of their advantage in that regard. Though Trump and Carolyn had to put a stop to their tendency to use sex to sell.

Yeah Markus is on the chopping block. But Chris completely screwed himself and didn't leave Trump with much choice this time.

What do you think about the women's decision to award exemption to their PM? Do you think they were just trying to be nice and friendly with her, but didn't really think she did an outstanding job? Or do you think they really wanted her to get the exemption based on her performance? Chrissy (?) kinda stuck out with her minority opinion, I hope there's no backlash because I like her.

oohhhh...good show last night. The girls are certainly getting feisty aren't they? Next weeks show looks to be really good. The claws have been un-sheathed in the girls camp.

I think the right person got fired last night.

Usually Trump fires the PM in that situation, because she prevented him from firing the Toral. But I suppose Jennifer the Event Planner was the reason they lost the task.

Have you noticed how the other, blonde Jennifer is ALWAYS posing? She's always acting like some kind of model, makes you wonder how good she is at business and whether she's actually trying to get a career in show biz? :confused:

Trump rocks....usually one person per show gets fired....last night he fired 4 people in one sitting. They deserved it too...but wow. I did not expect that. He cut the show short by three weeks in doing that. Great surprise twist. Hope I did not ruin it for saying that....but oh well....this thread seems to be dead without me anyway....

I thought that was bad ass! I'm so glad he did that. For a min. I thought he was gonna fire Jen... then she started to freak out and said a lot of stuff in her defense... then it looked like Trump was going to let her off the hook... and he ended up firing all of them! It was awesome!

Yeah I didn't see that coming either. Do you guys think the guy working the ball machine should have been fired? I think the poor schmuck was just trying to do what the PM said as well as he could, I don't think he's a bad candidate. It's a bummer for him. Too bad I can't remember his name...

You have to remember...not only did they lose, and lose very badly, but they caused a negative effect on sales in that department. They cost Dicks money. Sales of baseball related stuff would have been better if that team had not shown up at all. It was all because of the batting cage. Anybody associated with it, that did not make one sale, actually contributed to the store losing money.

It may have been an over-reaction, but it was fantastic. It will be very interesting to see the reactions the other players have when they realize that 4 people got fired.

Tonights show should be interesting. I can't wait to see the reactions of the remaining contestants when none of the 4 people in the board room return to the loft.

My only real hope at the moment is that Marcus finally gets his ass kicked to the curb....

I was wondering about the episode two weeks ago... okay, in the past, Trump has said, "this is not a game, this is an interview" (or wait, was it Martha?)... either way... is it legal to ask the job applicant if he's a virgin? or if he's gay? (Trump asked that one kid last season if he was gay too)...

Hmm...

Libra6Poe said:
I was wondering about the episode two weeks ago... okay, in the past, Trump has said, "this is not a game, this is an interview" (or wait, was it Martha?)... either way... is it legal to ask the job applicant if he's a virgin? or if he's gay? (Trump asked that one kid last season if he was gay too)...

Hmm...
Considering it's not quite the conventional "job interview", and I'm sure the contestants had to sign all kinds of releases that obsolve Trump from many liabilities, I would have to guess The Donald has some "special room to play" when it comes to what he can and can't ask. I assume he's got a small army of lawyers who keep track of stuff like that and would warn him of what's not allowed from a legal aspect.

Considering it's not quite the conventional "job interview"... I'm sure the contestants had to sign all kinds of releases that obsolve Trump from many liabilities
Yeah, I thought about that... Either way, I don't think it's right to ask someone those questions... they're both sexual in nature and I doubt he'd ask a woman those things. It could be considered harassment.

Back