• Welcome to BookAndReader!

We LOVE books and hope you'll join us in sharing your favorites and experiences along with your love of reading with our community. Registering for our site is free and easy, just CLICK HERE!

Already a member and forgot your password? Click here.

Section for the Youngsters

Nice to see this section, I did not realise the site catered for children too. Great way to get them into reading at a young age.

I don't think comics and graphic books are necessarily aimed at children. Although it's not my kind of thing, I do believe there is a wild appeal for adults too.

I don't think comics and graphic books are necessarily aimed at children. Although it's not my kind of thing, I do believe there is a wild appeal for adults too.
Yes, there certainly are upscale graphic novels designed for adults, with classic works and elaborate graphics. However, it has never been clear to me what their sales are. Most people still seem to think of graphic novels as being typical "comic books," along with their comic-book presentations of extreme violence also being viewed as suitable for children.

Big difference between "comics" and graphic novels. True comic books, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, et als tend to be very broad stroked and Slam-Bam type stories.

Graphic novels truly replicate a book, classic or otherwise. In fact I know I've seen a James Joyce graphic novel, and my husband has the Dorian Gray one. Diana Gabaldon's Outlander has also been supplemented by a Graphic Novel. It refers to, but does not replicate any of her novels.

Many authors are heading in that direction, to appeal to a broader audience.

To whom this may concern: if you're wondering where your posts have gone, I've split this thread and created a new one in the feedback section here.

Anything else in this here thread that is off topic will be removed.

Back